spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

[TV] Please support Crave TV

Crave TV is a new on demand offering from Bell, and is available to Bell and Telus customers, with more providers adding support shortly.

Can Cogeco please look into launching official support for this service? I'd love to have a solid television on demand offering that I can binge watch.

smogers
@108.170.167.x

smogers

Anon

said by MysticGuitar:

Crave TV is a new on demand offering from Bell, and is available to Bell and Telus customers, with more providers adding support shortly.

Can Cogeco please look into launching official support for this service? I'd love to have a solid television on demand offering that I can binge watch.

They will likely come out with something that works with Tivo which could be a Canada/USA thing. And being the only Canadian provider with Tivo they have a big advantage.

Cogeco_Peter
join:2012-10-03
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
I will forward this on, but cannot provide updates.

Thanks,
Peter
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

Thanks. Here's hoping Cogeco becomes one of the supported providers. The service looks pretty darn amazing!

troonorth
@204.237.16.x

troonorth to MysticGuitar

Anon

to MysticGuitar
Good luck with that.
The truth about the bell crave tv offering is that the real cost is in the neighborhood of $12. Per month. They force you to. Subscribe to a movie channel in order to get crave. That $4 / month claim is science fiction or an outright lie.

JAMESMTL
Premium Member
join:2014-09-02

JAMESMTL

Premium Member

Sorry but no.

Cravetv is available for free for bell subscribers in Quebec so long as the person subscribed to TMN. Otherwise it's a $4 per month add on for those who don't subscribe. I suspect it's also free with MC for those out west.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet to troonorth

to troonorth
CraveTV is $4/month. It is free if you subscribe to the TMN package (through Bell). For $10/month you can get CraveTV plus two extra Bell theme packs.
You do not need to subscribe to the movie packages to get CraveTV.

I do not work for Bell, but I am a Bell subscriber.

Sunni
@70.29.38.x

Sunni

Anon

I have Crave. I think it costs $4- plus a $3 and change service fee.

Had initial problems with theoretically supported Browsers but eventually got it working with Opera for the PC.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Are you still running XP?
It works flawlessly on 7 and 8, Chrome, IE 9+ and Firefox.
sunni
join:2014-12-25
North York, ON

sunni

I'm running Win7 Pro. I was on to Crave's tech support and the problem persisted.
I *Never* use Explorer (It's insecure) but I tried to install Flash there (as requested) and got a persistent error ("Header to Long"), whatever that means. Google, I believe, may not be fond of Flash, in any case I installed it on my System (not to the Chrome) and it was not recognized.

I went to Opera (I'm a webmaster. so I have a lot of Browsers on my system).
Worked there with no problems and I am watching an episode of Manhattan every evening. That series is why I signed up with Crave TV. I'm interested in the Manhattan Project which led to the development of the A-Bomb.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Actually, ie on Windows 8 is more secure than Chrome.
That said, there is no secure browser, if you say that, you're fooling yourself.
They are all flawed sometimes in different ways, nothing is better for security then safe browsing habits.

As an admin, we need to use ie, it's one of the few things government and banking websites support universally.
I find it odd that you had that issue with Crave, I platform tested it, never had issues on anything pc, one minor issue with an older version of Safari on Mac.
sunni
join:2014-12-25
North York, ON

sunni

Crave TV is working fine with Chrome now. I got on board fairly early and I think there might have been a few fixes since then.

Internet Explorer may be fine but my concern is that it is a preferred target because it is so widely used by institutions.