spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cellpfone
@72.239.217.x

Cellpfone

Anon

[T-Mobile] Best TMO LTE for the $$$

Wondering if anyone knows which is the best TMO *LTE* phone that is the least expensive.

I plan on tethering with my Tablet. It can be windows or Android.

Anyone have any good experiences or suggestions?

TIA
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Samsungs seem to be a favorite for those I know who use T-Mobile. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S4

Hagar
join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

Hagar to Cellpfone

to Cellpfone
Best and lest expensive that is probably impossible.

I just bought a Motorola Moto G LTE. It is inexpensive but has what I need. Be careful there are several Moto G version not all are LTE.

TWC_User
join:2013-07-31
Los Angeles
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
(Software) pfSense
Humax BGW320-500
TP-Link EAP610

TWC_User to Cellpfone

to Cellpfone
I don't know the meaning of "best T-Mobile LTE phone", but most of the time, the more expensive, the better it is. I personally own the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, one of the only few phones that is compatible with Band 12, which T-Mobile will deploy soon.

SysOp
join:2001-04-18
Atlanta, GA

SysOp to Cellpfone

to Cellpfone

Band 12 phones

Band 12 Phones: Note 4, Note EDGE, ZTE Max, Nexus 6, Avant

Since tethering is metered, use HDMI out and get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Also take a look at the Sony Xperia Z Ultra for a big bang for you buck if you don't need Band 12 any time soon.

As for me, 1700 mhz is everywhere I live, work and play inside and out so I am in no rush to make the jump to a band 12 device.

TWC_User
Los Angeles
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
(Software) pfSense
Humax BGW320-500
TP-Link EAP610

TWC_User

said by SysOp:

Band 12 Phones: Note 4, Note EDGE, ZTE Max, Nexus 6, Avant

Since tethering is metered, use HDMI out and get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Also take a look at the Sony Xperia Z Ultra for a big bang for you buck if you don't need Band 12 any time soon.

As for me, 1700 mhz is everywhere I live, work and play inside and out so I am in no rush to make the jump to a band 12 device.

I would like to mention Chromecast as well, although using cable is still one of the best methods to mirror your screen.

I don't really get good signals in my house(even though I live in LA, maybe I live in a weird area), and most of the time I can't connect to LTE, I can only get 3G at 1900 MHz(PCS). I can only get around -95 to -105dBm most of the time, it's usable, but certainly not the best signal levels. 700 MHz(Band 12) will improve indoor LTE coverage in my case, but too bad Channel 51 is interfering it...
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to Cellpfone

to Cellpfone

Re: [T-Mobile] Best TMO LTE for the $$$

I have a galaxy s4, if you plan to use its gps service then i'd say AVOID this phone at all cost.. Its gps isn't reliable.. Bounces here, then there, and oh wait, no your over here.. Basically you'll either die or get really really lost if you use the gps

Cellphone
@72.239.217.x

Cellphone to Cellpfone

Anon

to Cellpfone
What I am really interested in is your experience with a low cost LTE TMO phone. Example: Low price, your experience with battery life, Signal issues, Call quality.. ect

Thnxs

TWC_User
Los Angeles
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
(Software) pfSense
Humax BGW320-500
TP-Link EAP610

TWC_User

said by Cellphone :

What I am really interested in is your experience with a low cost LTE TMO phone. Example: Low price, your experience with battery life, Signal issues, Call quality.. ect

Thnxs

What is your budget?
Expand your moderator at work

SysOp
join:2001-04-18
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

SysOp to Cellphone

to Cellphone

Re: [T-Mobile] Best TMO LTE for the $$$

said by Cellphone :

Thnxs

Let me point you in the right direction ------> Samsung Avant

You want cheaper? question the quality, performance, features

Cellphone
@72.239.217.x

Cellphone

Anon

said by SysOp:

said by Cellphone :

Thnxs

Let me point you in the right direction ------> Samsung Avant

You want cheaper? question the quality, performance, features

Do you have this phone? Do you like it? What is your thoughts on the Avant?

THX

Hagar
join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

Hagar

Go to a phone spec site like gsmarena and compare phones.

The Motorola Moto G LTE has almost identical spec to the Samsung Avant but I think it has a better screen.