Search similar:

uniqs

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Worthless chatter..

T-Mobile and Sprint have the worst coverage area in the U.S. This is where AT&T and Verizon dominates.

..unfortunately, we pay for that convenience.

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

said by SimbaSeven:

T-Mobile and Sprint have the worst coverage area in the U.S. This is where AT&T and Verizon dominates.

..unfortunately, we pay for that convenience.

Bull. You are paying for the lack of regulation in the past. Verizon and Tea were allowed to gobble up networks which built up that coverage. Remember Alltel?? The largest geographical network in the U.S.? Who gobbled it up ? Verizon and Tea. Who gobbled up the old ATT? Cingular/SBC, the predecessor of the "new" Tea. Without that, they would be nowhere, they could not even call themselves "national carriers".
And then, the propaganda . Most people around here who have Verizon or Tea never use that coverage. I have a Verizon prepaid as a back up- my TMO phone forwards whenever there is no signal or the phone is down. I do not even get through the 100$ plus tax calling credit i buy every year. Yes, if you live in the middle of Montana things are different. But not that many people live in areas like that. Most of us live in or around huge metro areas.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by cb14:

Bull. You are paying for the lack of regulation in the past. Verizon and Tea were allowed to gobble up networks which built up that coverage. Remember Alltel?? The largest geographical network in the U.S.? Who gobbled it up ? Verizon and Tea. Who gobbled up the old ATT? Cingular/SBC, the predecessor of the "new" Tea. Without that, they would be nowhere, they could not even call themselves "national carriers".
And then, the propaganda . Most people around here who have Verizon or Tea never use that coverage. I have a Verizon prepaid as a back up- my TMO phone forwards whenever there is no signal or the phone is down. I do not even get through the 100$ plus tax calling credit i buy every year. Yes, if you live in the middle of Montana things are different. But not that many people live in areas like that. Most of us live in or around huge metro areas.

Uh.. I use the AT&T coverage on a daily basis. I bounce all around Montana and Wyoming. Heck, this year I drove to Pennsylvania and Oklahoma. Coverage all the way.

Yes, I remember Alltel. I loved Alltel and their plans. Too bad Verizon bought them than divested the rest to AT&T (yes, including us). I am glad AT&T even considered us since the only GSM carrier around here was Cellular One. Thank god they finally died off.

I'm not paying $100/mo for my cell phone. I'm paying $45/mo (ST BYOP MicroSIM).

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

said by SimbaSeven:

I'm not paying $100/mo for my cell phone. I'm paying $45/mo (ST BYOP MicroSIM).

I pay 40 $ + 10$ taxes for my TMO phone and , with tax, 107$/year for my Verizon prepaid. I still have the old Alltel plan so i get almost twice as many minutes/texts than the current Verizon customers.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by cb14:

I pay 40 $ + 10$ taxes for my TMO phone and , with tax, 107$/year for my Verizon prepaid. I still have the old Alltel plan so i get almost twice as many minutes/texts than the current Verizon customers.

Nice.. except that almost every plan out there has unlimited talk and text.

Plus, with AT&T taking over our area, we didn't have a choice. They replaced all of Alltel's CDMA equipment with GSM.

If I wanted to, I could head over to Selectel and get their $75/year plan.. but I need the data so I'm with ST.