uniqs
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

My First Reaction...

My first reaction was to laugh my head off and think is Netflix out their mind with all the rhetoric over the last year or so, however... I wouldn't say its impossible, though I would imagine it wouldn't be quite as simple as "slapping a Netflix interface" on their equipment. It would have to make sense, financially and otherwise, for both companies for a deal to be made.

Netflix has several advantages, one being a customer base that is generally fond and loyal to Netflix and another being able to create a product that their customers will actually value - the later being something that has escaped every major pay television provider in the US (imho). Product being original content, presentation of content and use of interface to access content.

I do however doubt that any of the companies listed consider Netflix to be "public enemy number one". I think if anything the traditional providers are probably more surprised at how well Netflix has done. The proverbial 800 pound gorilla in the room has always been the studios / distribution networks and is likely to be so as long as they exist.

RobberBarons
@50.182.138.x

1 recommendation

RobberBarons

Anon

And with Netflix(CEO Reed Hastings) comparing the cable companies to lying robber barons in the press for the last year, they would have a tough sell at this point.

I think Netflix would have to dump CEO Reed Hastings before any deal could be consummated.