Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

[Firefox] Pinning tabs doesn't work well Fx 34.0.5

Fx 34.0.5

Pale Moon 25.1.0 (x64)

Pinning tabs on Fx 34.0.5 is sort of a mess. No icons for some and the only way I know something is pinned is to hover the mouse over blank areas at the top of the tab tree. It works correctly on Pale Moon and Fx 31 ESR.

Does it work correctly if you have the tabs horizontal and don't use an extension like Tree Style Tabs? I'm not sure if this is a Fx problem or a problem with the Tree Style Tabs extension. But the extension is designed for Australis and was last updated Dec 3.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

2 edits

DocDrew

Premium Member

Works fine on my copy of Fx 34.0.5, but I don't use Tree Style Tabs. Have you tried it on an fresh unmolested copy of portable Fx 34.0.5?
»sourceforge.net/projects ··· e%20Ed./

Best to keep 2 copies of portable.... One to modify to your hearts content. The other to keep default. That way you can compare if the modifications you've made are the cause of the issues you have.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I have zero intention of ever using Fx without Tree Style Tabs as I have been using that extension since I began with Mozilla Suite back in 2001 when I was challenged by someone here to try tabbed browsing for three weeks. TBE aka Tree Style Tabs is the reason I use Fx.

Anyhow, thank you for letting me know that pinning works properly on non tree style tabs. There are several regulars here that use Piro's extensions and I am hoping to hear from one of them.

I don't like Portable. I want to have more than one version of Fx actually installed and be able to run more than one Fx at a time...I did that all the time with Opera and that is the way to do it. With portable I can't even start up the ONE Fx I have installed if portable is running so I don't see the point in portable (outside of carrying it around with you which is not why I am using it).
Mele20

Mele20

Premium Member

Apparently, the problem is with Personas and Tree Style Tabs. I see the problem on both Fx 31.3.0 and Fx 34.0.5 on both Windows 8 Pro and Win 10 Preview if I use various Personas. If I use my Red Cats full theme I have no problems with pinning on any Fx version. Red Cats author specifically supports certain extensions and Tree Style Tabs has a setting that I use which uses the skin of the theme. Evidently, that doesn't work too well with Personas and Australis versions of Fx. It works fine with Pale Moon and Fx 24 and Personas.

The vast majority of Personas do not work at all on Australis versions of Fx and Tree Style Tabs for other reasons besides pinned tabs. All Personas I have tried (which is a lot) work fine on PRE Australis versions of Fx and on Pale Moon with tree Style tabs and Informational Tabs. And Mozilla can't understand why so many of us don't like Australis. I may still end up installing CTR as probably then I could use any Persona I like with Tree Style Tabs and Informational Tabs. Most Personas are just plain weird on Australis Fx with Tree Style Tabs and I think it is not Piro's fault but that the Personas simply are not written for left sided vertical tabs. Sad as even OLD Opera 11 and 12 was fine with various themes and left side vertical tabs several years ago. Mozilla is going backwards instead of forward in regards to themes and tabs placement.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Apparently, the problem is with Personas and Tree Style Tabs.

And nobody here is surprised by this (except maybe you).

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
And now that that's settled, mind popping back into this topic and clarify your strong statements that Firefox Hello is 'from Google' and that Google 'tracks you if you use it'...

»Re: [Firefox] Firefox 34.0.5 Final is out