spc
Search similar:

uniqs
geekworking
join:2014-12-10
USA

geekworking

[Anveo] Configuring VM options for extensions

I want to setup multiple extensions with their own individual VM boxes that will email the messages to the corresponding users.

I first setup one SIP phone for each sub-account and assigned an extension in the sub-account/preferences/sip screen. This works for all of the calling stuff, but it is not giving each extension its own VM and all of the messages are going into the Default mailbox on the primary account.

So I then removed the extensions from the SIP configuration, created virtual extensions, created separate VM boxes and created separate call flows for each extension to ring the right SIP device then send to the right VM box with email notification if the call is not answered.

This second solution works for VM, however the SIP phone is not really coupled to the extension and things like message waiting indicators do not work and the caller ID is showing the acct# instead of extension.

What is the proper way to configure each extension to have its own VM box the will email to the user?
bw5745
join:2014-03-14

bw5745

I was super frustrated with trying to set this up myself to try it.

»www.anveo.com/news.asp

In the June 2014 entry of the News items, it mentions there is a hidden call flow system for voicemail on extensions. After this announcement, I tested my setup and it did not work. I deleted my sub account completely and made a new one. It does seem to work without doing anything special.

It is disconcerting that there is no way to modify the call flow.
geekworking
join:2014-12-10
USA

geekworking

The news item says that the calls are routed to "the default Voicemail box configured for the sub-account", however if I go to look at the list of voicemail boxes there is only one system created box labeled [Default] that belongs to the primary account even though I have multiple sub-accounts.
geekworking

geekworking

OK. I think that I have it figured out.

The thing that I was missing was that you cannot change the voicemail configuration of sub-accounts from the primary account. The default setting for sub-accounts is to email VM messages to the email address that you used when you created the account.

1. Setup sub-accounts with unique email+pw so you can log in individually.

2. Assign extension in the SIP configuration for the sub-account.

3. Log out of the primary account, log in as the sub-account, go to voicemail, and change the settings on the [Default] mailbox.
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge

said by geekworking:

OK. I think that I have it figured out.

The thing that I was missing was that you cannot change the voicemail configuration of sub-accounts from the primary account. The default setting for sub-accounts is to email VM messages to the email address that you used when you created the account.

1. Setup sub-accounts with unique email+pw so you can log in individually.

2. Assign extension in the SIP configuration for the sub-account.

3. Log out of the primary account, log in as the sub-account, go to voicemail, and change the settings on the [Default] mailbox.

OMG... why is Anveo2.0 so flexible AND so inflexible? A sub-account is for a separate voice service... it deserves an easily configured separate voicemail box... but not separate account admin credentials!

OE
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo

Premium Member

1. The default voicemail box for a sub-account is pre-configured automatically when the sub-account is created.

2. There is easier way of managing it; just open Users/Sub-accounts screen and under Actions menu next to the sub-account select 'Logon As' option, do whatever needs to be done at the sub-account level and then click Logout to get back into the main account.
OzarkEdge
USA

OzarkEdge

said by anveo:

1. The default voicemail box for a sub-account is pre-configured automatically when the sub-account is created.

2. There is easier way of managing it; just open Users/Sub-accounts screen and under Actions menu next to the sub-account select 'Logon As' option, do whatever needs to be done at the sub-account level and then click Logout to get back into the main account.

1. And it makes sense to default this to the main account mailbox... a likely configuration.

2. I see... more of a mode for configuration of sub-accounts. So having sub-account credentials is an added option if you need to operate/admin that way (?).

Thanks for commenting.

OE

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to OzarkEdge

Premium Member

to OzarkEdge
said by OzarkEdge:

OMG... why is Anveo2.0 so flexible AND so inflexible? A sub-account is for a separate voice service... it deserves an easily configured separate voicemail box... but not separate account admin credentials!

Actually, the account system in Anveo is extremely flexible and useful. Each account below the main account can have its own sub-accounts and those sub-accounts can also have sub-accounts and so on. This enables a corporation to create an account structure which fits the structure of the corporation.
OzarkEdge
USA

OzarkEdge

said by Arne Bolen:

Each account below the main account can have its own sub-accounts and those sub-accounts can also have sub-accounts and so on.

Sounds flexible... beware what you build! (I hope they have a strong database.)

At least the OP can back out of using separate sub-account credentials just to configure a vm mailbox.

OE