spc
Search similar:

uniqs
beachbum87
join:2009-10-01
Meridian, MS

beachbum87

[Bill] (Billing) Wrongfully Charged!

What a nightmare! I was having issues with my Internet service on 10/30/14 and I did a live chat with Khareen (which I saved) and they scheduled a service appointment for me on 11/01/14. My service was so poor that I couldnt hardly keep the chat going. It shows me as constantly leaving and then re-entering the chat. Here is the copy of the chat..

***chat id: dc1bbe00-dc62-43cd-bb3e-e6e77e3ab31a***
SHERRI_ > My Issue: Cant use my phone to make calls. Webpages are loading so slow. Per Xfinity speedtest: 39ms ping, 26.3mbps Download, 0.42 mbps Upload! Terrible on the upload causing all the problems I am having and cant get anyone to help.
Khareen > Hello SHERRI_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Khareen. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Khareen > Hi! I hope you are doing well. I would be more than happy to assist you with your concern today.
Khareen > Hi, Sherri!
SHERRI_ > I am still here..
Khareen > I see that you are currently experiencing slow upload internet connection which I can surely help you with.
SHERRI_ > yes...
Khareen > I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We will work together to have it fixed.
Khareen > I acknowledge the importance of a working and stable Internet connection as I also use the Internet for work and online gaming.
Khareen > Just to set the right expectation, I will be asking some questions and we will be doing troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue so we can fix your internet connection. If needed, I will send one of our best technicians to have this fixed with utmost priority. Shall we continue?
SHERRI_ > It is affecting my home phone and websites are having problems loading.. this has been going on for a few hours now.
Khareen > I see. I am so sorry to hear that.
Khareen > May I know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
SHERRI_ > Can you please look and see if they are working on the lines in my area.
Khareen > Sure thing.
Khareen > I will run a Health Check on your modem to determine the signal levels of your connection. This is to verify the current status of your device and your services.
Khareen > I'm also checking if there are known problems/outages in the network right now.
Khareen > I'm also checking if there are known problems/outages in the network right now.
SHERRI_ > I have ran numerous speed tests which indicate that there is a problem with the upload connection.
SHERRI_ > thank you
Khareen > You are most welcome.
Khareen > Sherri, upon checking here, there are no outage right now on your area.
Khareen > I would need to send refresh signals to your modem to resynchronize it to our server. This will speed up and stabilize your internet connection. With that, I might lose you for a bit. Just stay on chat as I will be here as soon as your connection comes back up. Would that be fine?
SHERRI_ > okay
Khareen > Thank you.
Khareen > Please stay connected.
Khareen > Glad to have you back!
Khareen > Can you please try and test your connection again?
SHERRI_ > I am trying but everything is still really slow
SHERRI_ > okay
Khareen > Thank you.
Khareen > Is it still slow after the refresh?
SHERRI_ > Yes! Download is now down to 9.72mbps and Upload is at 0 because the test times out..
SHERRI_ > Yes, it is very obvious I am having problems..
Khareen > Can you please try to switch the ends of the coax that connects the modem to the wall outlet?
SHERRI_ > You see, it keeps saying I have left the room when I have not..
Khareen > I understand.
SHERRI_ > I cannot do that as the cable wire comes up from the bottom of the house into the floor and then into my cable modem. I cannot switch the ends..
Khareen > I see.
Khareen > Are you using a router?
SHERRI_ > Yes..
Khareen > Alright.
SHERRI_ > It is a Netgear Nighthawk
Khareen > Can you please reset the router then unplug and then re plug the power cord of the modem?
Khareen > Let me know once done.
SHERRI_ > It has been done
Khareen > Please do check for the connection again.
SHERRI_ > This is crazy..
SHERRI_ > trying to do speed test now
Khareen > Thank you.
SHERRI_ > Download is now down to 4.83mbps..It is getting worse and worse. Upload cannot complete because it times out..
Khareen > Thank you for your patience and for your cooperation in doing the remote troubleshooting steps with me. We have performed all troubleshooting steps needed. I am going to schedule a technician to restore your internet service and to ensure that this will not happen again.
Khareen > May I ask for 2 of your best contact numbers? The technician will call you 15 minutes before going to your house.
SHERRI_ > They have to be working on the lines in my area..Something is not right..
Khareen > There is no outage notification on your area upon checking the account, Sherri.
SHERRI_ > 6*1-***-**** or 6*1-***-****
Khareen > Thank you.
Khareen > "Here are the possible causes:
Khareen > 1. defective device
Khareen > 2. defective coax outlet
Khareen > 3. problem with the connection to the pole"
Khareen > I have successfully processed a service call for you. Our earliest schedule is on 11/01/2014, 08:00 AM-10:00 AM CDT. Is the schedule convenient for you?
SHERRI_ > Yes
Khareen > Perfect! Let me reserve that date and time for you then.
Khareen > Technician scheduled for Saturday, November 01, arriving 08:00 AM-10:00 AM CDT , at **Address removed**.
Khareen > Open Ticket #CR******105
SHERRI_ > The replies are so slow back to you..
SHERRI_ > Thank you so much! =)
Khareen > You are most welcome.
Khareen > To recap, I will be sending out one of our best technicians to ensure that your slow internet service is fully restored. Here's what we did so far: • ensured that your modem is synchronized with our server • refresh your signals • reset router and powercycle the modem
Khareen > I would like to share to you our Customer Guarantee. Our Comcast Customer Guarantee is our promise to you that we stand behind our products and services and we are available to you 24/7. Learn more about the Comcast Customer Guarantee at »www.comcast.com/corporat ··· uarantee
Khareen > If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us through Live Chat which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or through our Hotline at 1- 888-739-1379. Thank you for contacting Comcast! We appreciate your business!
Khareen > Good bye for now. Take care!
SHERRI_ > Bye.

Later on that night my internet resumed proper working service again (Which tells me that they were working on it in my area) so I did another live chat the very next day on 10/31/14 speaking to "Sanjay Kumar " to cancel the scheduled appointment for 11/01/14. There would be no need for the technician to come out since the issue was no longer present. Here is a copy of that chat where the service representative states that he did in fact "Cancel" the appointment:

****chat id: 5a3c3748-5e38-42c2-9022-ecda81de3f13*****
Problem: I need to cancel my service appointment on Nov 1st..
Sanjay Kumar > Hello SHERRI_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Sanjay Kumar. Please give me one moment to review your information.
SHERRI_ > My Issue: I need to cancel my service appointment on Nov 1st..
Sanjay Kumar > It's a privilege to have you here on chat and I am looking forward to provide you excellent service!
SHERRI_ > okay
Sanjay Kumar > Just to ensure that I have understood the issue correctly, *** you want me to cancel your appointment ****. Is that correct?
SHERRI_ > Yes, that is correct.. While you are at it I would like to find out how much the Service Protection Plan is?
Sanjay Kumar > Thank you.
Sanjay Kumar > Sure, I'll do that for you and let you know the Service Protection Plan's cost as well.
Sanjay Kumar > I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you and I'm sure we can work together on your concern.
SHERRI_ > Ok thank you..
Sanjay Kumar > To assist you better, I would like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?
SHERRI_ > Yes
Sanjay Kumar > Could you assist me with the reference number of your appointment ?
SHERRI_ > Open Ticket #CR*******05
Sanjay Kumar > Let me pull your account up.
Sanjay Kumar > I'm working on your account.
SHERRI_ > OK
Sanjay Kumar > While I working on your account, I found a great deal for you wherein you'll get 25 mbps internet and 140 + digital cable channels including Comcast unlimited (nationwide talk and text) phone service.
Sanjay Kumar > How does that sound ?
SHERRI_ > No thank you. I already have a great deal on my phone service and I am happy with the package that I already have with Comcast. Thanks anyway..
Sanjay Kumar > You are most welcome.
Sanjay Kumar > I respect your decision.
Sanjay Kumar > However, I would like to let you know that there is no contract at all with this deal and available at very low price.
Sanjay Kumar > I've successfully cancelled your appointment.
Sanjay Kumar > Is there anything else I can help you with today?
SHERRI_ > Thank you for cancelling the appointment. Can you let me know what the cost would be for the Service Protection Plan?
Sanjay Kumar > Sure.
Sanjay Kumar > It'll cost you $3.99/month
SHERRI_ > Okay..
SHERRI_ > What do I need to do in order to add the Service Protection Plan to my account?
Sanjay Kumar > I can do this for you.
Sanjay Kumar > If you allow me.
SHERRI_ > Yes that will be great
Sanjay Kumar > Please allow me a minute to add this in your account.
SHERRI_ > Alright
Sanjay Kumar > Thank you for patiently waiting.
Sanjay Kumar > I've successfully done it from my end.
SHERRI_ > No not that I can think of. Thank you, I appreciate you cancelling the appointment and setting up the Service Protection Plan.
Sanjay Kumar > You don’t have to mention it. It is my pleasure to assist a valued customer like you.
Sanjay Kumar > There will be short survey after this chat by clicking "Exit Chat" and "Take our survey" button. Your feedback is valuable on how we can improve customer experience.
Sanjay Kumar > I'm looking forward to ready your comments on the survey, can I expect that ?
SHERRI_ > Thank you and have a great day! =) Yes, sure..
Sanjay Kumar > Sherri, Thank you for contacting Comcast & giving us an opportunity to serve you today. You can also visit »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· support/ for online faqs in future or contact us through Live Chat 24/7. We appreciate your business!. Have a nice day!

Then I get my bill..It is over $125.00. I am upset and trying to find out why. After calling the billing dept. It seems that I have been charged for a Technician Fee for 11/07/14. I told the lady that I spoke with that I should not have been charged that because there wasnt supposed to be any Technician coming out because I had can cancelled the appointment via live chat. She then proceeds to create a ticket to have the charge investigated for removal. ER Ticket Number: 026*****7 For $41.00+ Over charge on Tech fee for 11/07/14...

The original scheduled Appointment on 11/01/14 was cancelled by me via live chat on 10/31/14. No other scheduled appointments were made by me after that date. I called to check on the status of the ticket on today (12/11/14) only to find out that the Ticket had been closed on 12/05/14. Some supervisor closed the ticket out without getting with the dispatch center to verify if a technician did show up or not at the residence (which is besides the point because there should not have been a technician to show up anyway because the appointment had been cancelled on 10/31/14). Spoke with Michael [Billing dept. Rep: GQ5] who said that he was escalating the charge with his supervisor. No ticket number was given as this was being done directly thru email to his supervisor. So my bill is due in 10 days and this mess has still not be straightened out. All because someone did not do their job correctly the first time and I have been penalized for it! This is not good business practice! So I ask, Is it company policy for Comcast to charge the customer for a bogus tech fee ($41.00+) charge even after the appointment had been cancelled? If so, then I am certainly doing business with the wrong company. I have been a customer for a long time and have always paid my bills in full in a respectable manner on or before the due dates. I do not appreciate being charged for something that I have proof that should have been cancelled originally. The fault lies within the Customer Service Rep for failure to fully cancel the appointment as requested. How my appointment went from being scheduled on Nov. 1st 2014 to being cancelled per request by me via "Live Chat" and then reinstated (without my permission or request) on 11/07/14 is beyond me! Guess that I will have to file a formal complaint with the BBB in order to get this issue resolved. Customers should not have to go through great lengths to get things like this corrected especially when it is not their fault! If Comcast does not get this situation taken care of I will be removing myself from their customer base.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

The tech visit charge is put on when you order the service call. The tech that comes out would remove it. The second csr forgot to remove the charge. They will credit it. Having the service protection plan should stop tech visit charges from here on out.
beachbum87
join:2009-10-01
Meridian, MS

beachbum87

Yeah they did finally get me credited for it and took care of it however it took me contacting corporate to get it done when it shouldnt have even happened in the first place. I am now on the Service Protection Plan so hopefully there will not be any more issues. One can only hope. Thanks for your response.