spc
Search similar:

uniqs
swimman
join:2012-08-08
Holly Springs, NC

swimman

[General] Need help with GV and Obi202

I recently did a firmware update on my Obi202 which screwed things up and need some assistance to get all working correctly again as I'm no expert in this system.

I have two Google Voice lines going through my Obi202 (line 1 will be referred to as 401 and line 2 will be referred to as 919). All worked as expected prior to the firmware update. Today line 2 rang when the call should have come through on line 1. So I looked at the parameters of the Obi but I'm stumped.

If I call from line 1 to line 2 it rings about five times and I get a message stating the Google subscriber is not currently available (or something to that effect).

If I call from line 2 to line 1 it rings once and says I have no new messages. Line 1 does not ring.

The issue may be in the Obi browser under Voice Services - Sp1 and Sp2. Sp1 is set correctly to my primary Google email address. Sp2 is incorrectly (I believe) set to my primary email address when it should be set to my secondary address. I tried changing Sp2 to my secondary email address and then rebooting. It seems to refresh correctly but then after a minute or so, reverts back to my primary email address. Is there any way to get Sp2 to keep my secondary email address under AuthUserName?

Should I be looking elsewhere?
swimman

swimman

No sooner than I post the above, I get it resolved. I updated ObiTalk with my secondary email address for Sp2 and it works now.
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge

said by swimman:

No sooner than I post the above, I get it resolved. I updated ObiTalk with my secondary email address for Sp2 and it works now.

If you are using OBiTALK.com, then you likely upgraded to firmware that now requires you to use OBITALK.com to configure Google Voice, so you must continue using OBiTALK.com to continue using Google Voice.

Also, if you are using OBiTALK.com, local settings you make via the device web interface will be overwritten by the device configuration on OBiTALK.com.

There is a way to use OBiTALK.com to configure Google Voice and then back out of using OBiTALK.com to continue configuring the device locally using its web interface, but you will not likely bother doing this.

OE
swimman
join:2012-08-08
Holly Springs, NC

swimman

Thanks Ozark. Good to know for future reference.