Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings to JC_

Premium Member

to JC_

Re: Bell Wireless Fixed Internet

said by JC_:

Do you qualify for the Fixed LTE product?

Just checked the Bell Web site and the answer appears to be no (I'm in Haliburton County).

It also appears the service is only offered on a two year contact. I will never sign a telecom contract again and so for me (YMMV) this would be a deal breaker. (I paid full price for my Netgear Turbo Hub to avoid signing a contract.)
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

said by jumpingryan:

Can the op confirm if it was a 3rd party who did the install, or a Bell tech??

From the OPs post here »Re: Bell Wireless Fixed Internet, it was a company called Crossover Distribution.

Hmmm.... guess that is why we dont see this all over (including my area). It will take a while to get 3rd party installers on board and trained up with the equipment.

Looks like it will be quicker to wait for DSL/fibre!! LOL

Near_a_city
@stackpole.on.ca

Near_a_city to ings

Anon

to ings
Well, I must say, almost no one at Bell seems to know about the Fixed Wireless internet package.
I tried the online chat window on their web page and after being bounced back and forth between Mobility and DSL and speaking to 5 different operators. The last one said to call in. (it was a 1/2 hour chat)
So Today I called in. and after being bounced around 5 times, I got one person who said, yes I can help you. Then he hung up.
I was trying to ask if there was anyway to not have a two year contract. (because I rent).
Also the web page only lists the download speed as 5 Mbps, not the 25 Mbps. and it only has 10G.
I had called before and it is available in my area.
I guess for now I am stuck on Xplorenet. (I have checked all the local WISPs and no one reaches me or else wants over $100/per month)

Farmerc
@bell.ca

Farmerc

Anon

They finally showed up for the install and they couldn't get a signal here. So I'm back to trying to find something that will work for us, when bell cuts our Home and Rural Service next month. We are trying out a Wind stick. We are in there zone and speed is great, but we could use the 10gb in a week.
RoadrunnerII
join:2010-05-31
Wilkesport, ON

RoadrunnerII

I work with Original OP and signed up for the Fixed Wireless as well once I heard about it.
After two weeks of trying to get Crossover to call me back to setup an appointment for installation I had to follow original OP's process of sending an email to support, Sales and info at crossover to get them to respond.
Within two hours I had an email and a phone call and I am setup for install for next Wednesday Mar 4th. I am out at the limit of distance from the tower.. 20 km for this service I am told but the Turbohub does work and I have -69db signal.
I have gone thru 3 of the netgear MBR1516 units and am now on the Huawei B882 LTE unit. The netgear units just would lock up and stop passing data
The Huawei unit is better but by no means as stable as the Wimax was.
Found for best stability I had to change it from auto speed to default to 3G
That gives me H+ service consistently
The bell coverage map shows coverage up to where I am but a donut hole right close to where my house is
Here is hoping!!
RRII
ings
Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings

Premium Member

said by RoadrunnerII:

The netgear units just would lock up and stop passing data

I use an MBR1516. I have it on an electrical timer to force a reboot once a day, for exactly this reason.
RoadrunnerII
join:2010-05-31
Wilkesport, ON

RoadrunnerII

I have the Huawei Turbohub right now
It has a reboot timer built in
Wonder why?
It locks up if you don't reboot it nightly!
RRII
rob1
join:2013-02-13

rob1 to bwlandu

to bwlandu
Anyone know if the $30 for 30 Gig package is still available?

Cheers

Bozz
@stackpole.on.ca

Bozz

Anon

Last time I called them, ( about 2 weeks ago), the rep told me it was Not available and it never existed. I called back and spoke to another rep, She said it doesn't show on her screen anymore, but she had signed up a few for it in the past month.
I found an ISP, willing to expand their WISP off of my Silo.
It will be setup in the next month. so I have stopped looking at Bell.