We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Hydraglass

Premium Member

to Hydraglass

Re: The Plunging Price of Oil and Nuclear Fusion

said by Hydraglass:

As for the feel of a V8 - wait until they day you have the opportunity to drive a Tesla S model P85D with AWD, over 400HP, and 0-60 times just above 4 seconds... I only have ever had the opportunity to (very) briefly drive a "mundane" model S60 (0-60 times just under 6 seconds) and it still felt like driving something with a VERY beefy powertrain, especially because of the gobs and gobs of low end torque waiting to rip the tires free from the pavement.. Not at all like driving something with a high strung turbo or supercharged 4 cylinder -- much more like driving something akin to a big block 454 with torque waiting to kick you in the back as you hit the pedal. No throaty growl, no vibration, no shift points, just ridiculous power.

I've driven the P85 on both dry summer and in snow. It's as you say - a great car.

There are a few things I hate about it though .... the seats and steering mostly. The seats aren't up to par for a car of that price range, but I've heard that they a offering a different interior seating option in the P85D - much more BMW-like. The steering column is sourced from Mercedes and has all the limitations of that peculiar set of 'stalks' - but I also hear that is changing as well in the P85D. Won't know for sure til we see them.