spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Anon in MS
@108.251.123.x

Anon in MS

Anon

18Mbps Service Should Be Available, But AT&T Will Only Sell Me 6Mbps

Four weeks ago, the ATT website showed that I could get 18Mbps at the new address where I was about to move. I decided to wait until the week of my move (last week) before signing up, at which time the website only showed a max speed of 6Mbps available. I called ATT and asked them to verify the available speeds, and they said the website was correct in showing 6 as the max. So I went ahead and signed up because there are no other options and I need internet. The thing is, my brother lives at least 1000 feet farther down the same line from the DSLAM, and he gets 12Mbps. So I entered his address into the availability checker on the website, and new service at his address is capped at 3Mbps even though he currently gets 12Mbps?!? In any event, I think I should at least be able to get 12, and probably 18 since I'm over 1000 feet closer. Is it possible to tell what max speeds I should be able to get by looking at the status page on the NVG510? I have pasted this information below. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Line State Up
Broadband Connection Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 6013
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 766
Modulation ADSL2+
Data Path
Interleaved
MTU 1500
SN Margin (dB) 16.5 18.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 27.5 15.1
Output Power(dBm) 10.9 12.1
Errored Seconds 0 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 1296 0
CRC Errors 0 0

Sz
@108.202.112.x

Sz

Anon

You may need to be on VDSL2 and using a different gateway to go above 6mbps. Be persistent and call them again and try speaking to a higher up tech.

Anon in MS
@108.251.123.x

Anon in MS

Anon

ADSL2+ is the only service available where I now live, and my brother gets 12Mbps over 1000 feet down the line with an NVG510. Do the stats shown in my original post give any indication of the maximum speed I could theoretically get?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Anon in MS :

ADSL2+ is the only service available where I now live, and my brother gets 12Mbps over 1000 feet down the line with an NVG510. Do the stats shown in my original post give any indication of the maximum speed I could theoretically get?

Unfortunately, the NVG510 does not supply any customer visible information on an estimated max sync rate. However, your current 6016kbps DS sync rate sort of implies that is the fastest available for your connection. That is because several months ago AT&T started over provisioning IPDSL U-verse circuits ( »IPDSL Speed Increase ); and if your connection could support it I would expect to see 7000+ instead of 6016. I know that the NVG510 that I use for my backup connection went from 3008kbps DS sync to 3598kbps DS sync at that time.