spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pyrosee
join:2008-08-10
Troutdale, OR

1 edit

pyrosee

[Equip] Advice needed: Purchasing eMTA Gateway.

I would like to purchase an eMTA that is just a gateway but is ideally a 16x8 (or better).

- MUST be an eMTA 16x8 (I have a home business, please do not ask me to go get another VOIP product)
- Currently on the performance w/blast plan (105mps).
- Currently rent an Arris TG862G (bridged)
- My own R7000 for routing/wireless.
- I am in Portland, Oregon which I believe Comcast will let me use my own gateway

I would like the newest device I can find to do a bit of future proofing. The approved device list from Comcast isn't too appealing for eMTA options. I can live with an all-in-one if the specs are awesome like the Arris TM1602. I am not sure if it's even available to purchase yet? Are there any 16x8 or better non-wireless eMTA's out there that people would actually recommend?

Thanks for advice. (please remember I need an eMTA option. Seems like this gets missed quite a bit when asking for gateway advice)
sabretooth
join:2012-02-14
Marietta, GA

sabretooth

[Equip] Re: Advice needed: Purchasing eMTA Gateway.

There is only one, the Arris TM822G. However you should contact your local Comcast office and verify that you can buy your own and they will provision it.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

said by sabretooth:

There is only one, the Arris TM822G. However you should contact your local Comcast office and verify that you can buy your own and they will provision it.

If he waits the 16x4 upgraded to 24x8 emta modem will be out soon I bet.

maxbrando
Premium Member
join:2014-06-01
Netgear WNDR3700v4
SMC D3CM1604
ARRIS TM602G

1 recommendation

maxbrando to pyrosee

Premium Member

to pyrosee

Re: [Equip] Advice needed: Purchasing eMTA Gateway.

their are only 2 approved retail emta's tm722g(which at this point you can no longer buy new any more, the only way you could buy one is used and good luck finding a retail model) and it is only a 4x4 modem, and the tg862g which is only an 8x4.

if you want a 16x4 modem for your internet you can always buy an emta device to use only for the telephone and then buy a 16x4 cable modem to use for the internet(approved retail 16x4 include sb6183, netgear cm500, and smc d3cm1604)