spc
Search similar:

uniqs
QCUser1
join:2012-03-02
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

QCUser1

Porting from Gems(videotron) to Ooma

well, my phone line stopped working on friday afternoon, when i try calling from it, operator (can recognize as videotron operator) says your number is temp disabled... i connect my ooma to see if it is ported, nothing. i call gems to make sure, they say the number has been ported already. now Ooma says to call Monday as their "porting team" only works weekdays. amazing.

does videotron or their resellers do this on purpose, terminating on friday!?

what can i do now? wait for monday? anyone with Ooma with similar experience?
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

said by QCUser1:

now Ooma says to call Monday as their "porting team" only works weekdays. amazing.

Actually, that may not be Ooma. Having seen how LNP mess ups are handled going between Bell/Rogers, it's entirely possible that it's the department at Videotron that they need to call which is closed on the weekend. What you're reporting is very much out of the norm for how a line port is supposed to be handled, and they need to call a specialized department which handles exceptions.

And no. Videotron doesn't do this to customers on purpose. Nor is Ooma a reseller. They're a completely independent operation.
QCUser1
join:2012-03-02
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

QCUser1

I mean Gemstelecom which is a reseller of Videotron. But I guess all they do is hand it over to Videotron right?