jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jm101

[Bill] Comcast Coupons?

Last month or so we switched to a new triple play promo as our old one was about to expire. One rep (I think from billing) put us on a promo that didn't include HD and Starz. We would be charged extra for the HD. A call to retentions fixed that and we now have HD and Starz in our triple play package.

Fast forward to last week when we got our bill. Looks like Comcast charged us for the incorrect package for 3 days. One of the charges is for the HD Technology Fee. I called and the representative said he wouldn't be able to credit our bill but he could give us something like $30 in coupons and HBO/Showtime free for 3 months. This is the first time I ever heard of Comcast Coupons. Does this sound right? He said we would get them within 3 days. Haven't seen them yet.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

said by jm101:

Last month or so we switched to a new triple play promo as our old one was about to expire. One rep (I think from billing) put us on a promo that didn't include HD and Starz. We would be charged extra for the HD. A call to retentions fixed that and we now have HD and Starz in our triple play package.

Fast forward to last week when we got our bill. Looks like Comcast charged us for the incorrect package for 3 days. One of the charges is for the HD Technology Fee. I called and the representative said he wouldn't be able to credit our bill but he could give us something like $30 in coupons and HBO/Showtime free for 3 months. This is the first time I ever heard of Comcast Coupons. Does this sound right? He said we would get them within 3 days. Haven't seen them yet.

I think he lied. I never heard of Comcast coupons.
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

jm101

said by iNick:

said by jm101:

I think he lied. I never heard of Comcast coupons.

Yeah. He said something like we could apply them towards Pay per view or our bill. He gave me a number for the coupon as well.

I will probably just call tomorrow. Since Comcast had pizza parties in Washington State maybe they are pizza coupons.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

1 recommendation

train_wreck

said by jm101:

Since Comcast had pizza parties in Washington State maybe they are pizza coupons.

Naw, probably coupons for "1 free year of no bogus modem rental or tech visit fees"

Oh wait, that's called the "Service Protection Plan" :/
SPOOZ
join:2011-06-20
Lafayette, CO

SPOOZ to jm101

to jm101
The only Comcast coupons I have seen were for free on-demand movies.
I never used them.
I remember reading the fine print and you would still get billed when you ordered the movie, and the coupon was supposed to get the charge removed later. Good luck with that.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Thats what comcast coupons are for on demand movies.
jm101
Oakland, CA

jm101

Thanks everyone! I will call Comcast this morning and see why they are sending me coupons instead of just issuing a credit. Doesn't make sense.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to jm101

Premium Member

to jm101
They have always had "coupons" (not on paper anymore) to each pay for ONE PPV or other special event.
Now it's just a code to enter (I think, I always refuse the extras, I prefer a direct credit, when credit is due)

See what's in the mail/email this week
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

jm101

said by tshirt:

They have always had "coupons" (not on paper anymore) to each pay for ONE PPV or other special event.
Now it's just a code to enter (I think, I always refuse the extras, I prefer a direct credit, when credit is due)

See what's in the mail/email this week

Just got off the phone with Billing. The rep claimed that it will be a coupon plus a $20 credit on our next bill. We'll see...