SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Multiple Outages This Morning (Delaware Area)

I've been having multiple outages this morning w/ the Internet only.

Anyone else in the Delaware area / PA seeing this?

Making working quite difficult...
shadow700
join:2004-08-05
Collegeville, PA

shadow700

Re: Multiple Outages This Morning

Collegeville, PA checking in.

Came here to confirm that I wasn't the only one.

guardlights
join:2003-03-07
Chester Springs, PA

guardlights to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Chester Springs. very choppy and sometimes no data at all
gs0b
join:2014-08-14
Bucks, PA

gs0b to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Same here in the Doylestown PA area (Philly suburb). Lots of dropped packets on trace routes.

I was thinking of calling; but then again I don't feel like rebooting my PC and router six or seven times...

Hopefully the problems are showing up at Verizon's NOC.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

2 edits

SeattleMatt to guardlights

Premium Member

to guardlights
**PLEASE CALL IN - this is definitely an issue - half of my iPad apps, etc are still not working**

Just called in - had a great rep John... He said there wasn't any reported outages (yet) -

My On Demand and all diagnostic tests via the TV were failing as well (but regular TV worked).

But - had me do a hard reset to the router (pin in the back) - finally came back up - pulled a new IP range (96.x.x.x vs. 108.x.x.x) and I'm finally back online for now.

Not surprised to see it's an issue..

**EDIT** On Demand is back to not working again - but at least Internet wise i'm on.(work from home - so VERY important)

Something is definitely eff'd up in our region.

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I'm seeing the same issues near West Chester, PA....making it very hard to publish stories before running out to cover a presser with the District Attorney here in Chester County....I had to put my phone in data mode.

BucksMan
@173.49.17.x

BucksMan to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
Seeing similar problems her in Bucks County. Trace rotes are timing out. Have rebooted (not reset) the router several times but no luck. I also did not feel like calling Vz and having to reboot multiple times. I am going to give it maybe another hour before I succumb and make the call -- very important for me to have the internet working as well since I work from home.

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Obviously, there's an issue in the region, if people from Bucks Co. Pa. to Delaware are seeing issues...I wish I had the time to donate to call in, but I don't have a spare hour plus....and as I noted, have a press conference to cover. Hopefully, VZ will have a handle on this before I get back — I'll want to file ASAP.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

It's definitely affecting overall connectivity and packet loss.

My VPN phone for work is losing connection - and the voice is dropping left and right. Plus, my Teleworker router has been losing its connection to my employer numerous times.
gs0b
Bucks, PA

1 recommendation

gs0b

I had two choice this AM.

1) Call VZ and go through a bunch of scripts to find out it isn't my gear.

2) Walk the dog.

I chose (2). It was a fine walk. When I came back, the network was back to normal.

I blame my dog.

Enjoy!

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

norm to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I had about 30 minutes of problems this morning around 3:00 AM with two monitors. One showed latency averaging about 500ms while another was just 100% packet loss. Both at the same time. A third monitor showed no issues. Definitely not a local issue to me but probably an edge problem. I'm in the Pittsburgh region.
surge42
join:2014-12-15
Chadds Ford

surge42 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Yes, had problems in Chadds Ford, PA. Google was loading fine (probably dude to some super advanced CDN on steroids) but other sites Yahoo, Reddit, Youtube and the like were unable to load.

Everything is up now for me now. Everything bounced back around 9:20am 12/15/14.

The FIOS website was absolutely useless for any info on this issue.

Thanks for this post!

SJWeigand
join:2003-11-17
Doylestown, PA
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Motorola MB8611
Netgear RAXE500

SJWeigand to gs0b

to gs0b
I have DSL in Doylestown and had issues this morning! I couldn't even trace route! I took my router out of the picture, just on the modem now, and talking to Verizon. The modem logs said "LAN PC Unable to communicate with DNS Server." I also have a ticket in with Verizon Direct.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to surge42

Premium Member

to surge42
Knock on wood - things have been very stable for the past 20 minutes or so (As Surge mentioned).

I posted something on my Facebook page - and had 4 replies from friends in the area having issues too within 5 minutes.
mmclaren
join:2005-12-30
Richboro, PA

mmclaren to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Had similar issues in Bucks county - looks to be better now. In the future, I would urge everyone to post in the Verizon Direct forum even if they don't like calling in. All you need to do is state your issues there and the folks are very good about checking it out, it's not very time consuming and well worth it.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Phone was also out here. Reset ONT and got that back.

A ping on the net showed most stopping after the second hop on their NW. Except a few went through, like accuweather.

PhillyUrbs
@96.227.71.x

PhillyUrbs to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt

Re: Multiple Outages This Morning (Delaware Area)

Upper Darby, PA having issues to some sites

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Just to follow up - they are aware of the problem and are monitoring it. No need for further tickets.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

1 recommendation

nycdave

MVM

Yes, there's an issue in Philly affecting the VHO8 area.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Outages are back again...

Ugh...

Just totally f'd up my conference call with work. Lovely.
gs0b
Bucks, PA

gs0b to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
While visiting the "my Verizon" account management page, I was presented with a pop-up about the outage. Clicking on it provided this additional information:

------------
Outage Alert - Internet Access

An outage has been detected that impacts your ability to access the Internet, send and receive email, streaming video services, including FiOS Video On Demand. Estimated Restoration time: 15-DEC-14 20:00:00 EDT
------------

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Yes, I had issues this morning. Eventually, I rebooted the OTN and things got stable again.

pjsutton
join:2013-06-25
Kempton, PA

pjsutton to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I'm up in the Lehigh Valley with DSL - live in Kempton, but my IP address comes from Emmaus. No problems here this morning around 6 am or so.

Don't know if it went out later today because my power company did some work today and we had a "scheduled outage" at 10 AM this morning, so obviously the router logs were reset.