spc
Search similar:

uniqs

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

[Apps] Comcast does not support HBO Go on FireTV

I have some family members who were waiting for HBO GO to come out on FireTV. Well, it's supported now (Amazon), but they told me it doesn't work because Comcast doesn't support it. Since they are on Comcast, they can't watch it with FireTV... This is just one more example of terrible Comcast.

"Comcast is not currently supporting HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV. We'd love to provide HBO GO for Comcast customers on Fire TV and encourage those customers to reach out to Comcast for further information on availability. To see a full list of supporting TV providers, visithttp://www.hbogo.com/activate/and choose Amazon Fire TV."

»gizmodo.com/hbo-go-is-no ··· 71387980
davidc502

davidc502

It's not cable TV --- It's Streaming and Internet related.
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to davidc502

to davidc502
Probably should have checked that out before purchasing...
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to davidc502

to davidc502
When HBO goes over the top next year, Comcast won't have much choice right, as authentication won't be in their realm.

Anyway, I've already emailed Comcast complaining they are not on Roku. Time for another email.

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan

said by clocks11:

Anyway, I've already emailed Comcast complaining they are not on Roku. Time for another email.

Comcast, Roku cut a deal for HBO Go and Showtime streaming
»www.engadget.com/2014/12 ··· howtime/

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502 to RalphKramden

to RalphKramden
I've had FireTV for over 3 months... This news was published yesterday, so there wasn't any fair warning.

It's not a deal breaker anyway because I can still get to HBO-Go by using PlayOn or PlayLater.
davidc502

davidc502

More information here --- »HBO Go Comes to Amazon Fire TV (Unless You Have Comcast) [41] comments

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to davidc502

MVM

to davidc502
Well, there may be some hope, as in an update to an MCN article about this it says:

Amazon Lights Up HBO GO App For Fire TV Box
HBO's TV Everywhere App To Debut On Fire TV Stick in Spring 2015 (Updated)

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - December 15, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· x/386314
quote:
Update: At launch, Comcast and Charter Communications are not supporting HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV, an HBO official confirmed. ...
:
Comcast and Amazon have been in talks and hope to have something to announce with regard to HBO GO "very soon," a Comcast spokesperson said via email. ...

Orlando 57
@69.241.126.x

Orlando 57 to davidc502

Anon

to davidc502
Let me guess you have some family members that do not have comcast service so they buy the Fire Tv thing.

then they want to use someone elses comcast sign in information to get HBO for free.

If that wasn't the case why wouldn't they just watch hbo through a box or on demand?
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

said by Orlando 57 :

If that wasn't the case why wouldn't they just watch hbo through a box or on demand?

Come on man think about it! Don't be so narrow-minded. It's called hbo GO. You are supposed to be able to view it on the GO. I can take my Roku/FireTV with me on vacation, or business trips, and watch HBO GO. And no, I don't want to watch it on a tiny tablet or cell phone screen.

Roku
@68.42.244.x

Roku

Anon

Comcast now supports HBO Go on Roku. Or you can just bring an HDMI cord on vacation/business trips and connect a tablet or laptop to the TV.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Well, there may be some hope, as in an update to an MCN article about this it says:

Amazon Lights Up HBO GO App For Fire TV Box
HBO's TV Everywhere App To Debut On Fire TV Stick in Spring 2015 (Updated)

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - December 15, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· x/386314

quote:
Update: At launch, Comcast and Charter Communications are not supporting HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV, an HBO official confirmed. ...
:
Comcast and Amazon have been in talks and hope to have something to announce with regard to HBO GO "very soon," a Comcast spokesperson said via email. ...

Good news:

Comcast Opens Access to Fire TV, Fire TV Stick
Subs Can Stream HBO Go, Showtime Anytime On Amazon Platform

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - May 20, 2015
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· k/390773
quote:
Comcast said its customers can use their TV Everywhere credentials to access two TV Everywhere apps -- HBO Go and Showtime Anytime – on the Amazon Fire TV box and Fire TV Stick.

Comcast also allows customers to access those TVE apps on a set of other TV-connected platforms, including Roku (support for Roku was added late last year), the Apple TV, Xbox One and via the Google Chromecast streaming adapters. ...
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

Karl has a DSLR article up now about this: »Comcast Graciously Now Allows HBO Go to Work on Amazon Devices [12] comments

OldschoolDSL
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

OldschoolDSL to davidc502

Premium Member

to davidc502
Isn't this against Net Neutrality rules? Comcast shouldn't have a say in what your stream from another provider over the internet.