uniqs

Lizz
Premium Member
join:2002-10-22
Fullerton, CA

Lizz

Premium Member

problems with ATT Yahoo email

Using Firefox 34.0.5 and for the past few days, I've had to manually refresh the ATT Yahoo mail page after sending, replying, or deleting an email. Used to do it automatically.

Also, the little arrow indicating I've replied to an email is missing.

I think this happened close to the time I updated Firefox, but I'm not positive. I have reported it to ATT, but anyone have any ideas of anything it could be or that I could try to fix?

TIA

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

It's probably just Yahoo. Every time the give us a new improved experience, it gets worse.

They probably assume that you are reading email on a cell phone.

Lizz
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

Lizz

Premium Member

Well, I now think it's Firefox because it seems to work okay in Chrome PLUS in Firefox, I now have the Yahoo favicon on the tab rather than the AT&T one.

Maybe it's the blocking of SSLv3. Do you know how I could allow it . . . for specific sites? I like FF better than Chrome and would be something of a PITA to use one browser for mail and another for other stuff

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

I just checked mail. I got the Yahoo favicon.

I went back a few minutes later, and got the ATT favicon. And the other problems that you mention -- they all seem okay here.

Is it possible that there was a temporary glitch. (I'm using firefox 34.0.5 on linux)
nwrickert

nwrickert

Mod

I see that I was negligent in updating my signature when I updated firefox.

I've now fixed that, though this post might be too short to show it.

Lizz
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

Lizz to nwrickert

Premium Member

to nwrickert
Got the ATT favicon back, but still having the refresh and lack of reply indication problems. Using same Firefox version but on Windows 7 Pro.

rtfm
join:2005-07-09
Washington, DC

rtfm to nwrickert

to nwrickert

It's probably just Yahoo. Every time the give us a new improved experience, it gets worse.

What He Said.....

Lizz
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

1 edit

Lizz

Premium Member

I agree about Yahoo! "enhancements," but this time I do think it's FF. I'm now using Chrome without any of those problems.

ETA: Not FF after all. Just discovered it was NoScript!