spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dsm1995
join:2010-04-14
San Diego, CA

Dsm1995

Few questings reguarding uverse install

im going to be moving from cox to att uverse next month and was wondering if I can run my own home run from where the nid will be installed ( currently where old pots enclosures are at on other side of house where kitchen is) to where my router is currently? I have ample amount of cat6 solid bare copper wire to do the run to other side of house.

currently every room in house has a single cat6 drop and 1 coax, ill be having at most 4 TV's wired for tv, maybe 3. everything on my network is terminated in my closet in back of the house, very easy for the tech to access.... the coax though is terminated under the house and can be access via a outside entryway.

can the cat6 solid core cable i have for the home run be terminated to the nid for the installer to use ???

extramegs
@108.64.75.x

extramegs

Anon

the installer will be jumping with joy if you pre wire cat6 from the nid to the spot where you want to put the gateway. Where you have the current router is in the closet in the back of your house? U-verse runs way better on ethernet then coax so if it was me doing it I would put the gateway in the closet and use the pre existing cat6 to each room to feed the set top boxes eliminating the coax all together. If you want the gateway somewhere else other then the network closet as long as you can feed that closet with one ethernet run you can install an 8 port switch in there to feed the rest of the rooms and set top boxes.

Dsm1995
join:2010-04-14
San Diego, CA

Dsm1995

I got a 24 port switch in the closet atm > »My not so perfect closet....