Search similar:

uniqs
kiknwing
join:2010-12-13
Ogden, UT

kiknwing

2015 Price Increase

»www.fiercetelecom.com/st ··· 14-12-16

$2 increase for standalone service and a $1 increase when bundled with phone.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

Raising the real rates is one thing, but I wonder if add more after the fact fees.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to kiknwing

to kiknwing
Right now i'm paying $26.95 for 40/5, so i doubt i'll be going anywhere unless they refuse to renew my contract in six months, then at that point i'll be worth giving Cox another try (just due to a decent rate for 100/10)

Although i'm sure like last time i'll be right back to CL as Cox has issues maintaining their own advertised speeds during primetime.
tritch
join:2007-04-30
Porter, TX

1 edit

tritch

said by brad152:

Right now i'm paying $26.95 for 40/5

Interesting, just how in the world did you get that cheap price?? You must be either locked into some sort of phone/internet bundle contract or did an awfully good job of sweet talking some poor CSR into that discounted price....

BTW, I'm on 10/768k Pure Broadband with a 1 year contract and it's $39.95. The price only gets higher w/ 20mb bonding option.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx

Yea ours is 79.99$ for 8/0.896...

LtnKreationz
Premium Member
join:2009-11-11
Mesa, AZ

LtnKreationz to tritch

Premium Member

to tritch
I pay $32 for 40/20 dry line.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to tritch

to tritch
Even CL website says up to 40/5 for $29.95 for 1 year contract.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

said by gapmn:

Plus fees.

Hiker
Zeus
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Pipersville

Hiker to xthepeoplesx

Premium Member

to xthepeoplesx
said by xthepeoplesx:

Yea ours is 79.99$ for 8/0.896...

That's what I pay too
tritch
join:2007-04-30
Porter, TX

tritch to gapmn

to gapmn
said by gapmn:

Wow, what a good price in the Phoenix and Minneapolis areas. I wonder if there is some sort of price war going on between cable versus Centurylink in these areas. I live in a Houston suburb and they don't offer anything close to that. Count yourselves lucky....
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

said by tritch:

said by gapmn:

Wow, what a good price in the Phoenix and Minneapolis areas. I wonder if there is some sort of price war going on between cable versus Centurylink in these areas. I live in a Houston suburb and they don't offer anything close to that. Count yourselves lucky....

Well considering Cox has 150/30 for $75/mo, CenturyLink has to do something to compete and considering Qwest did all the upgrades it's not like it costs them that much to offer service.

CenturyLink is still leaps and bounds better than cox for reliability here, so even if i had to pay a little more i'd stick around.

I just called to renew my service, and the guy stuck me on a $29.95 after autopay plan, and i do not autopay CenturyLink as they tend to mess up the bill occasionally, so they lady in retention ended up putting a $20 loyalty credit on there to make it what we agreed to.

So my $26.95 is the 40/5 pair-bonded line and a static IP along with the bogus $0.99 recovery fee
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx

brad152, remember you have to call every month to get that 20$ loyalty credit. They keep screwing up my bills, this will be the fourth month in a row on the 27th that I have to call and have it fixed. I have no clue who they hire to run that department but at any other job they would have been fired a long time ago.

CLchump
@174.28.102.x

CLchump

Anon

12/18/2014
CL postcard via snailmail

-------------------------------------------
Dear CenturyLink Customer,

Our goal at CenturyLink is to provide you with the best possible service and timely
information regarding changes that impact your account. Effective with your
January 2015 bill, the monthly recurring charge for your Pure Broadband service will
increase by $2.00. If you currently receive a discount as part of a new Broadband
customer promotion, your monthly discount will also be increased to offset the
monthly rate increase for the duration of your promotion. Rates for customers with
existing Broadband Price Lock or Price for Life promotions will remain unchanged.
If you have questions regarding this change, please contact a Customer Care
Representative at the phone number on your bill.

Thank you for choosing CenturyLink for your communication needs—we value youas our customer.
----------------------------------------------

They forgot the Merry Christmas part.
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152 to xthepeoplesx

to xthepeoplesx
said by xthepeoplesx:

brad152, remember you have to call every month to get that 20$ loyalty credit. They keep screwing up my bills, this will be the fourth month in a row on the 27th that I have to call and have it fixed. I have no clue who they hire to run that department but at any other job they would have been fired a long time ago.

Mine has been on there 7 months, no problem. They usually mess up my bill about the time the renewal comes, so 1-2 times a year i have to call and get it corrected and they usually do no problem and the phone reps i get are usually extremely nice about it.

Granted from what i understand is that Qwest/CenturyLink is still using the old US West billing system from the 90's here, so i could imagine how awful it could be for them to get anything correct in there.

LtnKreationz
Premium Member
join:2009-11-11
Mesa, AZ
Netgear CM1100
Asus RT-AX86

LtnKreationz to brad152

Premium Member

to brad152
said by brad152:

CenturyLink is still leaps and bounds better than cox for reliability here, so even if i had to pay a little more i'd stick around.

+1 on that comment. I could easily jump to Cox and get triple the speed for the same price as what CenturyLink is charging but I want reliability. I left Cox in 2010 for that very reason.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve to Hiker

to Hiker
My price would have been $79 too but I contacted them and asked for a lower price and got it down to $35!