All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cubbies
join:2009-12-11

Cubbies

[Electrical] How to attach Conduit to conduit

So I have a wall of cunduit running verticle. I need to add a pipe going horizontal running lowvoltage in it. I know its not ideal. The wires are just zip ties to the verticle runs now. I want to clean it up and put them in there own pipe. Im haveing a hardtime trying to find a bracket that will attach an horizontal condit to a vertical conduit. Any thoughts? In the pic the blue line is the conduit im trying to add.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

[Electrical] Re: How to attach Conduit to conduit

By code, electrical conduit is not allowed to support another conduit. That's why you can't find a goto.
The LV wiring should never have been run there to begin with.

Cubbies
join:2009-12-11

Cubbies

Is there a bracket that i can attach to the wall between the vertical runs that would hold the horzontal conduit an inch or two away from the wall?

Killa200
Premium Member
join:2005-12-02
TN

Killa200 to Cubbies

Premium Member

to Cubbies
What is the length across the conduit run? You also have minimum support spacing to contend with on the conduit, which could get rough if there is no room to fish a support in between the vertical runs.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya to Cubbies

MVM

to Cubbies
There's plenty of options for that. A mini and some threaded rod seems the easiest.
How far is it across the vertical conduit? An "L" and strut makeup would work too.
You can buy all kinds of wall standoffs, but almost everybody just makes their own.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to Cubbies

Premium Member

to Cubbies
Any chance of an actual picture?

Using threaded rod, and strut, or threaded rod, and a hanger bracket; should be no big deal to make something up...

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to Cubbies

Premium Member

to Cubbies
What you're attempting to do is probably a Code violation. There are restrictions that govern that particular space. You should review the appropriate Code section to determine what those clearances are, and comply to avoid issues in the future.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to Cubbies

Premium Member

to Cubbies
Click for full size
OP: I am not clear about what you are trying to do ... but maybe you can use a rectangular junction box to bring in all these horizontal/vertical conduits, and make the necessary connections inside that box?

*** Question for the code experts:

Can items shown in above photo be installed in a USA/Canada residence to distribute nominal 24V DC power for LED lights, fans, etc.