spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JPS
@216.15.78.x

JPS

Anon

guide and List look different?

Enyone else notice that the menus for the Guide and DVR listing look a lot different. The layout's very bad and the lettering is smaller. I have a DX3400 HD tuner DVR.
srr2
join:2001-12-20
Pipersville, PA

srr2

Yeah. They "fixed" what wasn't broken.

A couple of things are better -- it seems a little faster overall, and now you can set the duration of the selected-channel banner, which was always onscreen WAY too long on the previous guide.

But.....

A bunch of other things are FUBAR. 1) It's *much* too clicky now. Too many button presses to accomplish many of the same tasks as before. 2) When you select a Favorite channel in the guide, now you get a useless click-inducing pop-out that lists only favorites. It's not nearly as useful as merely selecting the favorites within the list as it did before. Frankly, it's annoying as hell. 3) There are five channel lines in the guide matrix, but it page-scrolls FOUR AT A TIME. Good grief. WHY?? There's plenty of screen real estate (if there weren't already so much wasted space) to put six channel lines, but for the love of all that's holy, at least scroll ONE FULL SCREEN. I don't know about the people at RCN Central, but I prefer fewer button pushes to more button pushes to accomplish the same thing.

But by far the worst FUBAR is the timer. OMG. What were you guys thinking? The timer no longer automatically switches to the new channel! Jeebus!! Of what use is it now? Here's a clue: I, and probably most people, don't sit on the edge of their seats waiting for a 15-second timer popup so that they can push yet another button to select a channel they've ALREADY SELECTED. Good grief. Whoever the genius is behind that bit of engineering malpractice ought to be fired. Today.

Don't you guys put things like this out for user comment before inflicting them on everyone? If you don't, you should. I don't see much excuse for some of these backward steps.

JPS
@216.15.78.x

JPS

Anon

and for some reason some commercials are showing up in SP. I don't remember that before, it looks like it's from the 90's.

Is everyone else using TIVO now? Am I the only one still using a Motorola DVR?
JPS

JPS to srr2

Anon

to srr2
and for some reason some commercials are showing up in SP. I don't remember that before, it looks like it's from the 90's.

Is everyone else using TIVO now? Am I the only one still using a Motorola DVR?

borredo
Premium Member
join:2004-03-29
Fort Mill, SC

borredo to JPS

Premium Member

to JPS
I have a TIVO DVR for my main TV and have two satellite TV's with HD converters. (DCX700)

The new guide is shrunk on the HD converters, with the ratio (16:9) for HD. In other words when I'm watching HD channels and go to the guide the guide screen shrinks. Anyone know how to remedy that situation? I also pay $23.90 a month rental for those 2 HD converters. That seems a bit excessive to me.