R2
R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

2BrightSparks SyncBack

I vaguely remember when I would run backups with this, there was a setting that allowed me to automatically skip having to hit the "Continue Run" button each and every time I run a protocol. I looked over the options, and I cannot find it.

Can this be done? Thanks.

ltsnow
Premium Member
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow

Premium Member

I've been using SyncBackFree for a long time and I don't see any option to do that. Can I ask why that is important to you?

R2
R Not
MVM
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

I run a group of 5 backups every day before I leave. Every time I run them I have to blindly click "Continue Run" for all five of these. It is just a silly waste of time as I am always going to hit "Continue Run". Nothing is going to make me not hit it - so it seems illogical for every one of these to make me do it! It is one of those automated tasks that computers were essentially designed to do!

An earlier version of the program ran itself automatically - without making you click "Continue Run" - I am pretty sure.

ltsnow
Premium Member
Valdosta, GA

1 recommendation

ltsnow to R2

Premium Member

to R2
Hey R2, I found the answer. Here it is:

»support.2brightsparks.co ··· w-prompt

I tried it out and it works perfectly.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to R2

Premium Member

to R2
While a solution has been provided I am still curious--why not just schedule it? No clicks required at all then.

ltsnow
Premium Member
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow

Premium Member

said by sivran:

While a solution has been provided I am still curious--why not just schedule it? No clicks required at all then.

You are right sir. I forgot to mention that when I found the solution.

R2
R Not
MVM
Long Beach, CA

R2 to ltsnow

MVM

to ltsnow
Thank you! Sorry, gone for the holidays...

As for Scheduling, that is OK most of the time - but *not* for me. I check back in the office at the end of the day. Then I pay a bunch of bills, save info from my iPhone, and maybe create a few important documents, etc. I do a lot just before I leave the office - with my laptop. So, right before I leave at the end of the day, I want to run a quick backup of all that I just did. Because I when leave with my laptop, I have to be sure EVERYTHING important is on by external hard drive - as I have already had 2 laptops stolen out of my car!!! So I want to QUICKLY back up and get the hell out of Dodge!!

THANKS AGAIN.
R2

R2

MVM

Click for full size
Itsnow - I am forever in your debt!! Thank you so much!! I have been lamenting over this for the longest time. This is the answer for me. It works great!!!

Happy New Year!