Search similar:

uniqs

Capricia
@106.51.131.x

Capricia

Anon

WISP INformation

Hi guys
I want to deploly a wisp services in my area.
So i need your help,regarding equipments.

first,could you please tell me
what are the equipments needed in Backbone,if the internet source will be a fiber optic bandwidth,?

Second,from backbone to backhaul,what ll be the equipments for setting up a backhaul ( bases stations)?

by Equipments,im meaning materials,devices,electrical machines...please provide also the details about those equipments...
for example for a router,which model,or series,will be performant to use...
Thanks
raytaylor
join:2009-07-28

raytaylor

You need to read this book
»www.open.com.au/radiator ··· book.pdf

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

I agree...most of the questions are answered in that excellent document.

Once you understand what is in that book, the rest will be easier to understand.

Here is another essential book that you need to read:

»www.redbooks.ibm.com/red ··· 3376.pdf

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT to Capricia

to Capricia
»Re: [Equipment] Starting A WISP
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to Capricia

Premium Member

to Capricia
Check out the FREE book and presentation materials of the ICTP wireless ISP training program: »wireless.ictp.it/

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT to Capricia

to Capricia
Capricia...

All of your questions are missing the very first thing you need to have. I business plan. Until you have a plan, subscriber estimate, short and long term costs, and predicted revenues...You shouldn't be asking what equipment to buy.

You are not asking simple questions with simple answers - you are asking to be led by the hand for an entire system design. Something which cannot be effectively addressed in a forum.

Either buy some gear and start experimenting - you might be ready to install your first paying subscriber in one to two years, or hire a professional - that could cost you thousandths of dollars.
wtm
join:2011-04-23
Tempe, AZ

wtm

Justin, I gave them several replies on this subject over on the UBNT forum.
They seem to think they can put up one AP on "WiFi" and have it cover their 11Km radius town to hundreds of mobile devices! (with TV, phone, and internet)
Keep giving them the same answers, and they keep asking the same questions expecting different answers!
Wayne

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

Hence what I said in »community.ubnt.com/t5/Ge ··· p/687053

Every week we see someone wanting to set up a hotspot or small WISP for laptop and smartphone clients with unreasonable distance/range expectations.