Search similar:

uniqs

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

Random/UI Screenshot

Click for full size
We haven't done this in awhile. Here is a random screenshot. You can see I still like to click a lot!

Why not post your UI or unusual location/spot?
Goldheart

Goldheart

Sheesh nobody? Guess everyone really is burnt out

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

OK, I'll bite. In the back of my head, I wondered if you really bought Zygor...

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by shinjuru:

I didn't really post to debate addons or piracy. I am more interested in seeing what UI or good screenshots people may have.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to shinjuru

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

Our guild leader puts a copy up. I tried it, it's awful.
vic6string
join:2014-11-19
Miami, FL

vic6string to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Goldheart, I am a clicker too. No screenshots here (I'm at my work computer) but before the ability prune this expansion all of my toons had ad least 5 bars set up in the same place as yours filled with buttons. I used the ability prune as an excuse to redo all of them and get rid of buttons for abilities I rarely used. The only thing is, in alot of the raids now Blizz has a billion little bars that pop up all over that part of the screen, and sometimes they cover the buttons.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Very Clean looking Gold, but having those gaps between the buttons would drive me insane. I will post my UI later. I will see if I can get a shot when I am raiding as well.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Goldheart

to Goldheart
said by Goldheart:

Sheesh nobody? Guess everyone really is burnt out

My trouble is just that while I'm on here I'm at work. So I can't get into game to take screenshots. And when I'm home, I'm in game so am not here :P

Mordred

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
^This. Also, like the new Icon Carpie.
vic6string
Miami, FL

vic6string to Mordred

to Mordred
said by Mordred:

having those gaps between the buttons would drive me insane

Actually, the gaps are essential to the setup. He does it similar to what I have. I keep all my single target shots together, my multi-hit shots together, my finishers, my defensive stuff, my cooldowns.... everything has it's own little island and the gaps split everything up to make it easier to keep track of what is what.

Mordred

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
I keep everything in rows with the same idea in mind. Every row has its function. I just made the transition to being a keyboard binder. I will say it was made my gameplay better. I am def quicker with my holysh** buttons/taunting/interrupting. I do lose my place on the keyboard in the later hours of raiding. It always seems to happen when my life is in danger. I start mashing keys. If my wife is awake/wake her up during this frenzy, she just shakes her head and calls me a newb. She use to play and started off the game using keybinds.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Goldheart

to Goldheart
I'm a clicker Although I do use 1-4, so I tend to bind them to the start of my rotation and then click the rest. With the line below it for the cooldowns.

It's probably why I heal better than I DPS, as I use mouse over macros to heal.
vic6string
Miami, FL

vic6string to Mordred

to Mordred
I will never be a keybind guy. I started a clicker and it has never been a problem. I don't think it makes any difference in PVE, but I will admit it is a huge disadvantage in PvP, which may be part of the reason that I am not a fan of PvP aside from battlegrounds, and my least favorite part of BG's is when I get into a 1 on 1 fight. I hate that Blizz has two different ways to move (keys vs. mouse) but they never mention anything anywhere about how your choice will affect your gameplay. If when I first sat down to play, on that first screen, it would have said "feel free to use W-A-S-D for movement, but there is this other method using the mouse and if you don't go that route you will forever be gimped in PvP" I might have actually done the keybind thing.
Roadhowse
join:2010-10-13
Greensburg, PA

Roadhowse to Goldheart

to Goldheart
All I see is Dat gold!

In all seriousness though, looks like a pretty clean UI, I'd just recommend like others to consolidate all that empty space to give you more screen space

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
Click for full size
Here is mine. Killing Bashiok and capturing Carpie's 100 ding.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Mine would look pretty similar to Jobbie's anyhow because we both use SpartanUI.

@Jobbie -

1) No Miks Scrolling text anymore? I've been wanting to do something different with mine.

2) What are you using for the boss frame at the top of the screen to show his health in the read callouts like that? Is that just a name plate that is above the boss or is a frame that is always in that position of the screen?

3) Above your player nameplate, what are the three (out of five) purple dots signifying? Is that another addon of some sort?

4) To the right of your screen - left of the marking bar and above your recount - What is that? Looks like scrolling icons of the last abilities you used or something?

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

1. Parrot is an option, though I don't know if it is still updated.
2. That is Tidy Plates. It is a name plates replacement. It is fantastic and should be standard in my opinion.
3. That is Death Knight related resource stuff.
4. I know what it is, it is a CD bar, but I don't remember which add-on it was associated with. Quartz pops to mind but I can't honestly remember.

Edit: From way back in the day I had this in an old UI thread:

»i.dslr.net/syms/0b9cdca1 ··· 5a88.jpg

If I remember correctly the CD bar in that image was from ForteXercist.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
@Jobbie -

1) No Miks Scrolling text anymore? I've been wanting to do something different with mine.

I just reinstalled it.

2) What are you using for the boss frame at the top of the screen to show his health in the read callouts like that? Is that just a name plate that is above the boss or is a frame that is always in that position of the screen?

Tiddyplates, its the health bard, casting bar, debuffs etc.

3) Above your player nameplate, what are the three (out of five) purple dots signifying? Is that another addon of some sort?

That is NugComboBar it shows all the habilities that build points. It can show:
Combo points for Rogues and Druids.
Holy Power for Paladins
Chi for Monks
Shards, Burning Embers, Demonic Fury for Warlocks
Shadow Orbs, Evangelism for Priests
Meatcleaver for Warriors
Arcane Charges for Mages.
Maelstrom Weapon, Fulmination charges for Shamans
Starsurge, Pulverize Lacerate for Druids
Shadow Infusion, Blood Charges for DK.
Frenzy for Hunters

4) To the right of your screen - left of the marking bar and above your recount - What is that? Looks like scrolling icons of the last abilities you used or something?

That is ForteXorcist it its a cooldown, debuff tracker like the old dotimer. On the left it tracks the dots/debuffs on my target and on the left it tracks my cooldowns.

Mordred

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Ada, what add on makes the bottom of the screen a black bar? Also does it count as screen space as far as WoW or does adjust the game so it is like a dead zone to put add ons in it?

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

It was called SunnArt Viewport. I have no idea if it still exists. That was back during the end of Wrath of the Lich King.

But yes, it can adjust the actual game output and that black bar area at the bottom becomes dead space, resizing everything else into the space above.

Mordred

Mordred to Goldheart

to Goldheart
I think it does still exist, I was looking at it the other day. I could not confirm from the comments or addon site that it was infact dead space while adjusting WoW. Thanks so much. I might play with that this weekend.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Adalicia

to Adalicia
It comes as default as part of SpartanUI. It is a background image and other images can be selected other than just the black bar.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Yeah, back in the day at least with SunnArt you could customize and do all sorts of fun shit with it if you wanted.

These days however I see little reason to use anything that isn't a total overhaul, like ElvUI or SpartanUI and then just add in a few odds and ends you need.

Back then it looks like I had about 36 individual add ons and plug ins to do that one. And in my opinion compared to how clean full package stuff is today, it looks like garbage. It worked well enough though.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

Sunn still exists.

Curse link:

»www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· port-art

Tons of art packs for it too.
Goldheart

3 edits

Goldheart to Roadhowse

to Roadhowse
said by Roadhowse:

All I see is Dat gold!

In all seriousness though, looks like a pretty clean UI, I'd just recommend like others to consolidate all that empty space to give you more screen space

Haha yeah the gold is nice. I have been out of the game since July and just got back into playing. I'm currently staying away from the AH so I actually have time to play my main and alts. :-D My bank guilds and toons are actually on my second account - probably another 2 million or so on that account.

For me, most of the action happens near the center of the screen. So having empty buttons really isn't a big deal for me. I'm not OCD or anything so it doesn't bother me.

That is why I configured Shadowed Unit Frames to display my toon frame to the left of my toon and target frame is similarly placed on the right. That way I can see my health and mana at all times without having to look way off somewhere else.

If SpartanUI didn't have the frames so far down I would likely use it too.

I'm using a 30" IPS display at 2560 x 1600 so there is quite a bit of viewing area.
Goldheart

Goldheart to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Our guild leader puts a copy up. I tried it, it's awful.

If you keep Zygor updated it is tolerable especially if you configure the options to your preferences. I use it while leveling alts so I don't have to try to remember the quickest way to quest.

It's a huge addon and takes a tremendous amount of resources. Definitely slows things down while it is loading and configuring. Having WoW on an SSD can help here.

Once my toons are at max level I disable Zygor.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
I "heart" Jobbie... I miss my pocket tank. #tear drop, #hawaiiissodamnfaraway, #thisgameisaddictingbuteveryoneiplaywithisasleepwhenigeton.

Damn, that last # was super long. Anyways, just had to get that out.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Ginjer:

I "heart" Jobbie... I miss my pocket tank.

I know my friend I miss you guys too, I need to start leveling my warrior or druid on horde side.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Yeah, I will be in Kansas most likely middle of next year. Much better time zone wise.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

welcome to kansas mang, you must be in the air force then