uniqs
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by dirtyjeffer0:

if MacT wants to know who to blame, he should look in the mirror...you build a great team with a few quality draft picks, and mix in some role players and veterans...cap it off with quality goaltending...what you don't do is hog 8 years worth of 1st round (several of which are 1st or 2nd overall) picks and wonder why you can't win games...you have mediocre goaltending at best (no offence Scrivens), sub-par defence and a team "full of kids"...that won't get you far in the NHL...after a couple of top picks, the Oilers should have traded their high picks for quality players to complement the players they already had...that's what PIT did when they drafted a few young players (as did many other teams).

Just thought I'd chime in here as someone who saw Scrivens play while he was in Toronto....

Make your own joke here about even the Leafs not wanting to hang on to Scrivens :P

NefCanuck
JBear
join:2005-02-24
canada

JBear

Scrivens has played pretty well if not borderline "unreal" these past 2 or 3 games, and other than 1 goal in his last game Fasth as well. I think a lot of the earlier struggles had to do with the goalie coach, who they have since fired. If you look at Dubnyk in Phoenix and how well he is doing now I think helps attest to that fact.

MacT has been on the job for 1.5 hockey seasons. Not sure how much you can blame him yet.