TIGERON
join:2008-03-11
Boston, MA
Motorola MG7550

TIGERON

petition to bring sonic to Pacifica California

Click for full size
AT&T internet overcharging scheme
I'm writing to you about an internet overcharging scheme implemented by AT&T DSL customers that they all might not be aware of in which AT&T has a data cap of 150 gigabytes per month for DSL internet and for every 10 GB an individual goes over, they charge $10.00. I have a couple of bills, one current, the other a month before where they began enforcing these data caps. The problem I have with AT&T is that I have checked online, and argued with them, letting them know that their online "meter" is not accurate.

The only alternative available in my area is Comcast cable but they too have a monthly data cap of 300GB per month and their service no better and no guarantees they will not disconnect you if you go over a certain internet usage threshold.

ISPs began implementing these data caps they claim due to the rise of Netflix, gaming and other applications requiring heavy internet usage. However the argument has always been that these companies DO NOT want to upgrade existing networks and lack of competition. If you research the web and look for "stop the cap" its a webpage by Phillip Dampier, he has a lot more information regarding this new overcharging scheme.

I can understand if this were wireless cellular networks where they are limited resource, but we are talking about wired networks which are already expensive to begin with.

I write to you in hopes you can help and get the word out and warn people about this. We need real broadband competition, not metered broadband from uncompetitive broadband providers.

»petitions.moveon.org/sig ··· =4516097