All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

12 Days of Giveaway Rules

I asked this in the other thread that got locked... kinda wanted an answer.

The rules say

Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified

They never say what the slated number is though. Does that mean I can enter unlimited entries as long as they're valid email addresses?
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop

Wouldn't it be 1 entry for the e-mail that is associated to you TSI account?

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

They cannot limit the contest to teksavvy customers.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy to Dunlop

to Dunlop
said by Dunlop:

Wouldn't it be 1 entry for the e-mail that is associated to you TSI account?

As Lothario said, they can't limit the contest or it could be interpreted as requiring purchase to participate which would make it a lottery and illegal. That said they have some weird language in their rules like:

A person entering must provide a valid email account associated with a domain that can be identified by a reverse domain name search as part of his/her contact information.

To me that language suggests that all .ca personal domains, webmail domains, etc are not valid for the purpose of the contest since they can't be reverse searched for the contact info. I'm sure that's not the case though.
Expand your moderator at work

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy

Re: 12 Days of Giveaway Rules

I just think you have toooooooo much time ...

LOL
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by MFido:

I just think you have toooooooo much time ...

LOL

At the moment, I really really do. I'd still read the rules/fine print regardless of that fact. Too many contests now include clauses that allow unlimited use of your likeness for promotional materials.