spc
Search similar:

uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

need some info please thnks

i dont know if this is in the right section ok what anti virus when ur installing it DOES NOT turn on the built in windows firewall please i need this info last av i tried when installing it turned on the stupid windows firewall and i had to disable it again

it has to have an option to NOT turn on windows firewall thanks for the info

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

I can't think of one that has turned it on when installing an AVP?

Avast doesn't.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

redwolfe_98 to 91862239

Premium Member

to 91862239
if you are referring to the avira av-program, it has a module for managing custom-settings with the "windows firewall".. if you don't want that module to be enabled, or installed, you can do a "custom-install" of the avira program where the module for managing the "windows firewall" will not be installed..

you also can do a "modify-install" to uninstall the module.. to do that, go to windows "add/remove", click "avira" and then click "change", to modify the installation.. then, when running the modify-install, untick the option for installing the module, for managing the "windows firewall", and proceed to complete the modify-install process, in which case the module will be uninstalled..

if you are not using a third-party firewall, you should have the "windows firewall" enabled, so that you will have a firewall..

if you are using a third-party firewall and, so, you don't want the "windows firewall" to be enabled, go to windows "control panel" and find the link, there, for the "windows firewall", and disable it..