spc
Search similar:

uniqs
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy

Wind mobile pay off promise

Noticed something today. I have two lines with Wind. I put on on hold as I don't use it and was going to pay off the phone balance and cancel the account but just didn't have time to get around to it. By now the pay off promise was to be about 4 more months but when I logged in today to see how much I had to pay for the phone, the phone price went down each month but the pay off promise was increased to 8 months from 4. Kinds weird as my other phone shows as 4 months left and I got them at the same time.

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium Member
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON

BGB

Premium Member

So you suspended it when it was at 8 months and expected it to decrease despite the fact you were not paying on it?
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

BrianON to analog andy

to analog andy
The agreement (currently anyway) says after 24 payments not 24 months.
4. Pay-off Promise
WIND will clear any remaining WINDtab™ balance on your account for any given Product after you’ve made 24 payments that have been applied against your WINDtab™ balance. ....
»www.windmobile.ca/docs/d ··· 2014.pdf
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy to BGB

to BGB
I'm still paying for it just turned voice/data off so the person that had it couldn't use it. I just have no time to go in a pay of the tab.

I've had the plant for almost 3 years with the original pay off promise being 3 years. My open line says 4 months but the not used one says 8 now.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by analog andy:

I've had the plant for almost 3 years with the original pay off promise being 3 years. My open line says 4 months but the not used one says 8 now.

The payoff promise is based on payments, not months. They translate it to months for you to understand on your bill. If you stop paying off the phone, the number of months required to pay it out increases.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, you think you should be getting a free ride on the months that you had the phone on hold for?
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy

said by HeadSpinning:

said by analog andy:

The payoff promise is based on payments, not months. They translate it to months for you to understand on your bill. If you stop paying off the phone, the number of months required to pay it out increases.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, you think you should be getting a free ride on the months that you had the phone on hold for?

Umm I'm still paying the normal amount for that line. Data and voice was cut off so the phone couldn't be used. "I'm still playing $40 per month for it" Where is that translate to trying to get a free ride while I'm still paying?

Anyways I talked to a buddy of mine who works for Wind and he says he's seen this happen to others. Usually he says if you confront them about the the promise date (36 months for me) they'll do it.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by analog andy:

"I'm still playing $40 per month for it" Where is that translate to trying to get a free ride while I'm still paying?

You didn't say that anywhere until now, so it wasn't clear.

You were also not entierly clear with the "put on on hold" and "I've had the plant (gardening?) for almost 3 years", so it was a bit difficult to decipher what you meant first go around. I assume now that you meant "put ONE on hold" and "I've had the PLAN for almost 3 years".

If you're still making payments on the pay off promise, then the logic in their billing system apparently is broken - it is taking the suspension of voice & data (I assume that means only text is active?) as meaning you're not paying, which is apparently wrong.
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy

I did post that I was still paying for it but had data and voice shut off in the 3rd post but anyways should have been more clear.

Can't remember but its close to 4 months that its been inactive so seems their system upped it 4 more months like if I wasn't paying for it or they're just doing something weird.

I guess I need to phone them now just to see whats with their system kinda curious about that. I'll post back with the info.
analog andy

1 edit

analog andy

LOL Ok just called them apparently even though I paying $40 per month but had the voice and data inactive they say my pay off promise is pushed forwards each month LOL WTF?

I guess I'm gonna have some fun with this one come monday.
analog andy

analog andy

Got it sorted out. Their system does it automatically if you disable data/voice on the phone line. Not sure if its in the TOS anywhere but a bit of a sneaky thing I think.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

Sounds more like a bug, rather than being sneaky.
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy

said by HeadSpinning:

Considering they knew about it and that's how the system work normally I'd say crime of opportunity. Don't get me wrong I like Wind but just like any large company profit is profit.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by analog andy:

said by HeadSpinning:

Considering they knew about it, and that's how the system work normally, I'd say crime of opportunity.

Don't get me wrong I like Wind but just like any large company profit is profit.

Given that this is the same Wind Mobile which stopped their Pay As You Go (aka Prepaid) plans last Spring, I would say that they are well-versed in both types of activities.

Corporate Greed will prevail and become more clearly obvious as a company grows - and they ARE growing.

And remember who programmed that system to work that way.
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy

Something strange happened. Wind seems to wiped out my outstanding balance on the tab for both phones at least a month early. I confirmed and sure enough I have no more tab on both phone lines.

Now if they could must get a little better coverage they would rock.
thehat
join:2014-01-16

thehat

Since ownership has switched back in November/December, Wind has promised to fill in their coverage blackspots. I'm hoping for far expanded coverage myself.
analog andy
Surrey, BC

analog andy

It doesn't affect me too much and I can live with the lack of coverage for the money I save. Now my wife who just couldn't wait for me to get a signal booster went with Rogers since Wind had on/off signal at her work. I LOL at her every time she see her phone bill. Shes paying way more for two lines then we did on Wind with three lines and me roaming most of the day.