Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

DC60Xu accessing config menu?

any one know how to access the config menu on the DC60Xu im refering to the one that gives access to HDMI settings and signal levels etc. i know on the technicolor in the other room (sorry, cant get the model at the moment) you just point the remote at the box and hold info. but on the DC60Xu doing that does nothing. i know it can be accessed as the first tech to come out after it was installed when i couldn't get a specific channel accessed it to reset the box. (something i dont recommend folks do willy nilly, unless they want to have to swap out the box)

i need to check to see if HDMI is locked to 720p, and i want to be able to check signal levels just to rule out problems on my end instead of having to wait on a tech to show up to find out, its not a problem on my end.

and yes, i see the HDMI settings in the menu accessed by hitting "home" on the remote, there set to auto, yet every single channel shows 720p, but my NBC states there giving mediacom an 1080p signal. so im trying to see if this things locked or if mediacom is only providing/down converting to 720p

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The highest quality picture that is currently supported is 1080i. The network and program will vary on the quality.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by MediacomChad:

The highest quality picture that is currently supported is 1080i. The network and program will vary on the quality.

i went back and checked their email, sorry 1080i not 1080p my bad, but still "all" channels are 720p.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to thedragonmas

Premium Member

to thedragonmas
Can't you change the HDMI setting on the DTA off auto and just select 1080i? What other settings besides auto is there? Is there anything in between your DTA and tv like a HDMI switch or AV system? What model tv do you have?

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

sure i can, i can set it to 1080i only and deal with the "blocky" lower rez channels, if it tells the tv the correct resolution it can make that look better.. and if its locked in the diag it does no good.

nothing in between, just HDMI from box to tv.

tv is a toshiba 39L4300U »support.toshiba.com/supp ··· =3606742

i really dont see the reluctance to tell some one how to get in to the diag, other than perhaps some one resetting the box to many times causing it to lock (im not that stupid), or keeping them from seeing signal levels so there forced to have a tech out for something thats probably not in the home (ive got one coming for an outage on one single channel that mediacom swears is a signal level issue, the other box reports the signal as power level dBmV -4.72 snr 42, course if i could access that on THIS box, i could compare)

any way, im just tired of "blury", if mediacom is in fact down converting to 720p then obviously forcing this to 1080i will do no good, and i cant verify any of that with out the diag menu.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Push and hold number 7 on the remote until it goes into the diagnostics screen. That works on my dc60xu.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

THANK YOU! and sorry for the delay. cant believe its that easy. and now i can see that the signal on that box is -5 with a 42 SNR

edit: and i can finally confirm that its not locked, it has auto for both resolution and spect ratio in the diagnostics, but for 1280x720 is has an asterisk next to yes, im assuming that just means its the current mode, so for what ever reason its not going up to the higher resolution, and im going to just assume that means that im right and mediacom isnt providing anything higher than 720p here. at least for the channels i get.