uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

Should I go att next for 6 plus

I'm thinking purchasing a 6 plus iPhone on att. Right now I'm on a no contract 3 gig mobile share plan. So I'm paying $25 a month each for my iPhone and my wife's. So the way I see it if I go with a next plan I will end up paying about $30 a month in addition to what I'm paying now for the 2 years. If I pay it off earlier or wait until the end my monthly bill would then decrease by that amount? I don't care about having a 2 year contract because I have no intention of leaving att. If I didn't do next then I would have to pay 399 up front for a 64 gig plus and would I also lose the mobile share value price? That's the way it seems on att's website.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Correct, if you go with the next plan, your bill will be about $30 more a month until you have paid off the cost of the phone, which at that time, the $30 drops off.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

thanks for the info. I'm trying to think why anyone would purchase a phone upfront nowadays. I could see if you would pay a cheaper rate plan but that isn't the case.

SysOp
join:2001-04-18
Atlanta, GA

3 edits

SysOp

said by obeythelaw:

I'm trying to think why anyone would purchase a phone upfront nowadays.

Because not everyone wants to be in a zero interest contractual agreement that you can cancel at anytime for 18-24 months that may or may not have late fees or other fees that could be found by reading the contract which I have not done

obeythelaw
Premium Member
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

Understood, but with ATT Next, you aren't on a contract. it just breaks the phone out over 18 or 24 months. I can cancel att anytime but I have to pay the phone off.