Search similar:

uniqs

guest333
@173.78.139.x

guest333 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert

Re: CFL - Tivo, Silicon Dust and Ceton Users Get Stocking Stuffer

Is it also coming to those of in the Tampa market??

steelingbox
join:2005-07-09
Casselberry, FL

steelingbox to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
My Mythtv box and I thank you!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to guest333

Premium Member

to guest333
said by guest333 :

Is it also coming to those of in the Tampa market??

Yes...
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to steelingbox

Premium Member

to steelingbox
said by steelingbox:

My Mythtv box and I thank you!

:)

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
WOW This Is Great News. ETA for TAMPA ? and a Complete Channel list of what is and is not Copy Protected would be great. Great Work BHN !

Gary Merry Christmas and Thank you for All your Service and efforts.

BD
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

ETA for TAMPA ?

Early Jan. Not going to give you the exact date because Jan is a busy month and things like this are subject to change. When I give a date I want to be able to keep that date.
said by bigdaddy:

Complete Channel list of what is and is not Copy Protected would be great

No... creating and maintaining a list for each market is extremely time consuming for me...time that is already triaged across many aspects of the business including technical issues for you which is a much higher priority and besides the equipment you guys are using will tell you in the channel status screens.

Suffice it to say most are covered with the obvious exceptions being premium movie channels.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

All movie Channel's will stay copy protected or just HBO and Cinemax.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

All premium movie channels where you subscribe for a monthly fee a la carte. This is no different than any other provicer out there right now.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

There is one exception. Verizon FiOS. Only HBO and Cinemax are Copy Protected.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

There is one exception. Verizon FiOS. Only HBO and Cinemax are Copy Protected.

Thats on them....honestly I am not concerned about what Verizon does in this area BigDaddy. We fall within the majority of providers as it applies to these specific channels. You know the reasons behind it as we have discussed it here many times. Lets enjoy what we have now....

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

This change in the CCI byte changing from 0x01 to 0x00. Wouldn't have anything to do with TWC/Comcast Merger where TWC will be Mirroring Comcasts CCI Byte Policy ? Or is it just TWC changing their CCI Policy which in turn affects BHN ?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

This change in the CCI byte changing from 0x01 to 0x00. Wouldn't have anything to do with TWC/Comcast Merger where TWC will be Mirroring Comcasts CCI Byte Policy ? Or is it just TWC changing their CCI Policy which in turn affects BHN ?

Seriously BD? I have no idea what TWC is doing in this area. I do know what we are doing and have done lets just stay focused on us shall we.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

It's a big stocking....

Yes, its huge. I'm blown away

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
As long as they're uniformly applied, this is great even with the premiums being encrypted, which I understand, and was the case on Charter. The only problem there before I moved was that when they went all digital and added a bunch of channels, I think whoever was configuring encoders at the headend was just setting those bytes randomly. Some things that obviously shouldn't be encrypted would be (like CNN) but most channels weren't, so it was obvious that they didn't have a blanket CCI-byte policy like TWC/BHN.

So, just make sure whoever configures the QAMs in Birmingham pays attention and frees up everything they possibly can :P
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to jwb1977

Premium Member

to jwb1977
said by jwb1977:

said by BHNtechXpert:

It's a big stocking....

Yes, its huge. I'm blown away

We're just happy you are happy It's been a busy year with lots of good things. This was a nice way to end the year on top of all the other good.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to mixdup

Premium Member

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

As long as they're uniformly applied, this is great even with the premiums being encrypted, which I understand, and was the case on Charter. The only problem there before I moved was that when they went all digital and added a bunch of channels, I think whoever was configuring encoders at the headend was just setting those bytes randomly. Some things that obviously shouldn't be encrypted would be (like CNN) but most channels weren't, so it was obvious that they didn't have a blanket CCI-byte policy like TWC/BHN.

So, just make sure whoever configures the QAMs in Birmingham pays attention and frees up everything they possibly can :P

Look I can't promise a fat finger won't miss one BUT we have gone through our list, even checked it twice for you all you boys and girls naughty and nice. I think we'll be okay....if not its an easy fix if it can be fixed (remember it may be a rights issue). Otherwise it will be uniform.
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

brutus

Nice. I will have to let my sister know. They are still using TiVo HDs and have gotten in the habit of recording multiples of the same show just so they don't have to choose what took to watch it in.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by mixdup:

Look I can't promise a fat finger won't miss one BUT we have gone through our list, even checked it twice for you all you boys and girls naughty and nice. I think we'll be okay....if not its an easy fix if it can be fixed (remember it may be a rights issue). Otherwise it will be uniform.

The lineup looks all correct for me. Just rescanned using my SiliconDust and DRM is only on the premiums that I subscribe (as expected).
pletchtd
join:2001-12-28
Carmel, IN

pletchtd to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Anyway... enjoy! Tampa and outer markets will follow soon into the new year so you aren't being left out

This is great news! I am a long time MythTV user that would love to be able to purchase a Silicone HDHomeRun Prime to use in place of the Hauppauge HD-PVR/cable Box combination I have been relying on as my main work-horse recorder.

I assume this will be coming to Carmel / Indianapolis as well in the new year?

Is it safe to start buying hardware in anticipation of the change?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by pletchtd:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Anyway... enjoy! Tampa and outer markets will follow soon into the new year so you aren't being left out

This is great news! I am a long time MythTV user that would love to be able to purchase a Silicone HDHomeRun Prime to use in place of the Hauppauge HD-PVR/cable Box combination I have been relying on as my main work-horse recorder.

I assume this will be coming to Carmel / Indianapolis as well in the new year?

Is it safe to start buying hardware in anticipation of the change?

Indy should also be sometime late in Jan... again I am going to pass on specific dates because things happen with stuff like this and if I give you an exact date I want to keep it.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

When Tampa and other market's in late Jan get the the TV Channel's marked Copy-Freely. Do we still have to Validate the cable card to ceton and slicondust tuners just to watch non-premium TV channel's ?

Also any ETA for Tampa market full Digital TV conversion ? I would like to get rid of the SDV Boxes and just have the Cable Card's in my tuners.

Thanks.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by bigdaddy:

When Tampa and other market's in late Jan get the the TV Channel's marked Copy-Freely. Do we still have to Validate the cable card to ceton and slicondust tuners just to watch non-premium TV channel's ?

Also any ETA for Tampa market full Digital TV conversion ? I would like to get rid of the SDV Boxes and just have the Cable Card's in my tuners.

Thanks.

All digital does not necessarily mean no SDV. Given the number of channels BHN has, and their plans for 300mbps internet, I highly doubt SDV is going away.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to bigdaddy

Premium Member

to bigdaddy
said by bigdaddy:

Thanks.

Neither of these are relevant or applicable to this thread.
kurros
join:2014-07-24
Winter Haven, FL

kurros to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Holy s**t! This is great news!

Why is CFL so special to get this first?
bighorn1
Premium Member
join:2004-06-19
BD, CA

bighorn1 to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Yey, I can actually make use of my htpcs without feeling like criminal.

That’s one small step for BHN, one giant leap for mankind...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Hmm where I have heard that before.....I wonder.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy to kurros

to kurros
How is it not relevant or applicable. It is technical.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to kurros

Premium Member

to kurros
said by kurros:

Why is CFL so special to get this first?

They were higher on the nice/naughty list than Tampa? Honestly it was more of a we have to start somewhere....CFL won it this time.
kurros
join:2014-07-24
Winter Haven, FL

kurros

said by BHNtechXpert:

They were higher on the nice/naughty list than Tampa? Honestly it was more of a we have to start somewhere....CFL won it this time.

Wish this was something you could flip the switch on like Lightning 150
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by kurros:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Wish this was something you could flip the switch on like Lightning 150

Oh no this actually a very manual process...if you only knew.