spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: CFL - Tivo, Silicon Dust and Ceton Users Get Stocking Stuffer

Wow, this is cool. I'm legitimately considering getting a PCIe tuner just and only because of this change. Couple questions:

1. BHN has not made a formal announcement about this change, or a commitment to it. Most cable companies don't specify their CCI flag distribution across channels, probably because of the nature of content providers it is subject to change...but I'd like at least an informal "this is here to stay" notice before putting down the cash for a CableCARD tuner.

2. Maybe we can get a community doc tracking all the channels that are CCI free in CFL and other areas when available? I see in posts above it is all but HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and TMC channels, but is this confirmed, or are there a few CCI flags on other channels arbitrarily? Can this be determined in the diagnostic menu on BHN STBs, or do you need a CableCard setup to check? In my case, I'm most interested in whether Nick HD, Disney HD, and Disney XD HD are copy-freely.
JumboTech
join:2013-08-17
Clermont, FL

JumboTech

As of 5 minutes ago, all those 3 channels are 0x00.

Cheers,

Jumbo
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JumboTech:

As of 5 minutes ago, all those 3 channels are 0x00.

Cheers,

Jumbo

Not sure I understand your post...this was completed for the most part Weds/Thurs.
JumboTech
Clermont, FL

JumboTech

I should have said "reply to Aprel". See his question above about Nick HD, Disney HD, and Disney XD HD.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JumboTech:

I should have said "reply to Aprel". See his question above about Nick HD, Disney HD, and Disney XD HD.

Those are not considered premium channels and would be included.

Koko
@173.169.31.x

Koko to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
This is good news! We already have Tivo - Maybe It will motivate me to get out the HDHR and EyeTV again as well as they were really left wanting.

I also just got a card in the mail saying BHN is going to bump up our broadband speed as well (for free!).
bhnnewbie
join:2014-05-30

bhnnewbie to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Is this only for CFL or all FL? I got the SiliconDust but have not time to hook it up.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bhnnewbie:

Is this only for CFL or all FL? I got the SiliconDust but have not time to hook it up.

The answer to your question is in this thread several times.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah to bhnnewbie

Premium Member

to bhnnewbie
said by bhnnewbie:

CFL only right now, Tampa early Jan, Indy late Jan, and outter markets sometime early 2015.
bhnnewbie
join:2014-05-30

bhnnewbie

Thanks guys. I did not read through the thread as i was checking on my phone and it gets tricky to scroll through.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Those of you who use these devices in CFL received an early Christmas gift as it relates to your content. Not going to get specific because I want to see how many of you actually figure it out

I was gonna say a 5-pack of blank tapes for our VCRs for those of us too cheap to pay for DVRs.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to JumboTech

to JumboTech
said by JumboTech:

Well it means that I can offload some of the 200 episodes of "How It's Made" (my son) and 129 episodes of "The Waltons" (my daughter) and a bunch of episodes of "The Property Brothers" (my wife) and make more room for the English Premier League soccer (me).

This is very welcome news as I was up to 94% full on a 450 hour drive last week.

Thanks a lot!

Hello Jumbo I don't see how you can offload all that content as it has already been flagged as copy once 0x01. You would have to Rerecord all that content and then you could backup or offload with confidence. Also I am assuming that you have a ceton or silicon dust Cable Card Tuner Equipment connected a PC and not the DVR Equipment you rent form BHN. Because you cannot use the E-SATA Port as it is currently disabled. The only way you could offload that content from your DVR is to use a Hauppauge HD PVR connected to a PC. »www.hauppauge.com/site/p ··· ers.html

I hope this information minimizes any confusion and provides clarity going forward to anyone who reads this thread.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
JumboTech
Clermont, FL

JumboTech

Bigdaddy, you are quite right, I mentioned later in the thread that this only helps us going forward but right now there is a "Mythbusters" marathon that aimed to bust the Tivo even with a 450 hour HD. My son who I mentioned earlier in the thread is a big fan so I am downloading them as they record and making way for the others.

You mentioned Hauppauge and I like them a lot. Remarkable boxes.

Best to all this Christmas!

Jumbo

steelingbox
join:2005-07-09
Casselberry, FL

steelingbox to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Would it be safe to assume that all of the channels the little cisco adapters, provided by brighthouse, receive all of the 0x0 content? Im just trying to figure out what channels I am going to be able to view with XBMC.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by steelingbox:

Would it be safe to assume that all of the channels the little cisco adapters, provided by brighthouse, receive all of the 0x0 content? Im just trying to figure out what channels I am going to be able to view with XBMC.

This applies to everything from the technology side of it.
PrestonD
join:2013-08-23
Port Orange, FL

PrestonD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Gary, this is awesome... just the thing for Santa to bring us cablecard enthusiasts...

Just another shining example as to why Brighthouse has my business!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

djkilla
join:2013-06-12
Tampa, FL

djkilla to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Quick question for anyone. I'm interested in purchasing a TiVo. I don't subscribe to any of the premium movie channels and watch AMC, SyFy, TNT, etc.. So does that mean I can watch these digital HD channels and record the shows without needing a cable card? I just buy the TiVo, pay the lifetime subscription and I'm good to go without anything else?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by djkilla:

Quick question for anyone. I'm interested in purchasing a TiVo. I don't subscribe to any of the premium movie channels and watch AMC, SyFy, TNT, etc.. So does that mean I can watch these digital HD channels and record the shows without needing a cable card? I just buy the TiVo, pay the lifetime subscription and I'm good to go without anything else?

No

djkilla
join:2013-06-12
Tampa, FL

djkilla

Ok. By the way, if I get the TiVo and the cable card, I prefer for you to set it up if possible (I seem to get the runaround when calling BHN for help). How long would it take to set up a TiVo?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by djkilla:

Ok. By the way, if I get the TiVo and the cable card, I prefer for you to set it up if possible (I seem to get the runaround when calling BHN for help). How long would it take to set up a TiVo?

Understood and it won't take very long. You still need to go through the usual Tivo setup stuff which will take far longer than what I have to do which generally only takes a couple of minutes. Be sure to the get the Tuning Adapter and the USB cable that goes with.
rafisher798
join:2002-04-16
Orlando, FL

rafisher798 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Hey, just wanted to come on and say thanks. I've been able to stop using WMC and go with a straight XBMC setup streaming live TV to all my FireTV boxes in all my other rooms.

That said... please don't take this stocking stuffer away!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by rafisher798:

That said... please don't take this stocking stuffer away!

I think you are safe
rafisher798
join:2002-04-16
Orlando, FL

rafisher798

Thanks! This is really great
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to rafisher798

Premium Member

to rafisher798
Hils, Polk, Hernando and related will be next. More to come soon.
pletchtd
join:2001-12-28
Carmel, IN

pletchtd to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I now have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime on order to prepare for this change. I will stop by the main Brighthouse office in Indianapolis and get a cable card on Monday.

Is there is anything in particular that I should do and/or ask to ensure that I get a compatible card with up-to-date firmware etc?

I'd rather get it right the first time and not have to make any return visits
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Do not discuss firmware with the lobby agents...just request a cable card and tuning adapter kit.
sestrada
Premium Member
join:2012-11-05
U.S.A.

sestrada

Premium Member

PMFJI

I thought you just need a cable card. What's the tuning adapter for?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by sestrada:

PMFJI

I thought you just need a cable card. What's the tuning adapter for?

SDV Channels

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Hils, Polk, Hernando and related will be next. More to come soon.

What ! and No Pasco County.