Chatham, ON

3 recommendations

TSI Andre

Premium Member

A BIG Thanks to bbbc!!!

Click for full size
Booya!
Hey bbbc,

Keith, Martin and I wanted to say THANKS for the wonderful gifts you sent us. We are all super excited to get these bad boys home and plugged in!

Thanks again. Merry Christmas!

Andre, Keith & Martin.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

It's one of the rare pictures of Andre not wearing a dress...

I would also like to personally thank bbbc See Profile for hooking us up with these Chromecast!

Martin

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
We had to fight him.... That's the only way we were able to get him
To "NOT" wear a dress

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
I can't thank you enough bbbc... so I won't waste too much time trying

Seriously though.... sorry it took me so long to get on here and.... despite the fact that my wife has me casting holiday music non-stop from Songza... THANK YOU!!!!

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

1 edit

bbbc to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
You're welcome gentlemen. I've had a ton of help from you guys through the years and beta opportunities, which I appreciate.

Maybe I'm showing my age Keith, but cast this last Letterman performance of Darlene Love's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) to your rooted Chromecast for the bride.

»youtu.be/nzj3S2p2W44

Xmas present for DSLRers, if you have a new, never Internet connected Chromecast, I will root it for the cost of shipping after the first of the year if you PM me. The main benefit of rooting a Chromecast for Canada is being able to change its DNS for DNS redirection. I've been able to root Chromecasts purchased during American Black Friday 2014 (end of November), the key being they weren't connected to the net. Even if you have an old Chromecast, but it's been collecting dust for months (not on net for OTA updates), it may be able to be rooted. CC ROMs prior to 19084 are rootable. So that equates to build 17977 (July 2014) or earlier, but make sure the Chromecast can't connect to Wi-Fi while you're checking its firmware revision.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

I'll do just that as soon as she gets home

You know, I've got a smart TV so things like YouTube and Netflix are built in there... HOWEVER, they look and sound MUCH better off the cast than the TV apps! Thanks again

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Plex is pretty useful to cast from a central PC but use a smartphone to control.

You know... if you have big stash of linux distros to stream.