Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to thedragonmas

Premium Member

to thedragonmas

Re: Mediacom Email Servers Not Working

Hey thedragonmas See Profile, this is a known issue with our email service. The network operations team is working towards a resolution for this as we speak. I don't have a specific ETR at this time but I'm hoping it's resolved soon!

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
Nginx 0.5.30? That should be really updated. Also makes me wonder what version of PHP and other server software they're using.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

this is a known issue with our email service. The network operations team is working towards a resolution for this as we speak.

MChad, you really need to cut out the BS. This has been a known issue for 10 DAYS and counting and you still give us the same old canned response. WHEN is this going to be fixed? As of today Jan 1 '15 the email system is NOT working. Webmail is down. What the hell is going on???

Is it any surprise your company (Mediacom) constantly gets rated as the worst of the worst ISPs??? 10 days - - TEN DAYS of an email system that is not working properly.. If your systems team can not fix it, then it is time to fire some "network operations" team people and get help that is actually helpful..... Yeah MChad, I am losing patience on this email problem - TEN DAYS!!!!!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Lazy Senior See Profile, if I had any additional information, you know that I would give it to you. Unfortunately, I do not have any updated information at this time.
kps246
join:2007-12-05
Coralville, IA

kps246 to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
Mediacom e-mail accts not working in Coralville Iowa since noon today.

sawman
Premium Member
join:2002-04-25
BC KS

sawman to Lazy Senior

Premium Member

to Lazy Senior
I am greatly encouraged for the new year with a competitor bringing gigabit service to town! Soon it will be sayonara Mediacon. Cheers!
psdp
join:2011-01-20
Cedar Rapids, IA

psdp to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
Looks like mine decided to join in on the fun today

ahent
join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA

ahent

Mediacom support posted on twitter about 2 hours ago that email servers are out. No ETA on fix.

Ferret Face
@173.19.5.x

Ferret Face to Ferret Face

Anon

to Ferret Face
As of Jan. 2, 2015, 7:30 Central, problems with Zimbra continue in 65804. Well over a week now, with only a few exceptions.

Stage3GT
join:2014-05-19
Chillicothe, IL

1 edit

Stage3GT

As of 7:37am 1/2/15 my email works. 30 minutes ago it didn't. Been down for? several days, sorta lost count lol

Wow, it has crashed again as of 3pm. WTF is going on?

Midwest Mad
@50.82.152.x

Midwest Mad to kps246

Anon

to kps246
My email service in Northern Illinois has been out since Dec 22, 2014. Get the same response--We are working on it . For ten days. But just got the bill today for full service What a joke.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to Stage3GT

to Stage3GT
said by Stage3GT:

Yeah what is going on???

As of 1-3-15 MC email is still NOT reliable. Once in a while it works, mostly it does NOT work. Shameful and disgusting performance from Mediacom. MC refuses to explain why email has not been reliable for 12 days and counting.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

1 recommendation

tsduke

Premium Member

Our local news contacted Mediacom. See link below.

Now maybe the spokesperson simplified the explanation, but my question is, why does a company the size of Mediacom have to build a backup. Shouldn't they have backups already in place? Does Mediacom seriously have no HA in place?

»www.kwwl.com/story/27750 ··· -repairs

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

Stage3GT to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
said by Lazy Senior:

said by Stage3GT:

Yeah what is going on???

As of 1-3-15 MC email is still NOT reliable. Once in a while it works, mostly it does NOT work. Shameful and disgusting performance from Mediacom. MC refuses to explain why email has not been reliable for 12 days and counting.

Do you think they will give us any money off our bill without having to call to see?? 10$ off for everyone affected for the month should suffice?
Expand your moderator at work

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

1 recommendation

Lazy Senior to Stage3GT

to Stage3GT

Re: Mediacom Email Servers Not Working

said by Stage3GT:

Do you think they will give us any money off our bill without having to call

Oh my goodness. My side is hurting from ROFL at that comment. You are kidding right? Since when has Mediacom become Customer Oriented?????
Lazy Senior

Lazy Senior to tsduke

to tsduke
said by tsduke:

Our local news contacted Mediacom.

MC Spokesman says "middle of next week". Ain't that great service? 12 days of crap unreliable email service and now it may get fixed by the "middle of next week".....

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

1 edit

Stage3GT to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
said by Lazy Senior:

said by Stage3GT:

Do you think they will give us any money off our bill without having to call

Oh my goodness. My side is hurting from ROFL at that comment. You are kidding right? Since when has Mediacom become Customer Oriented?????

Yup, made ya smile tho. I do tend to have a bit of sarcasm in me.
And mail server working again this a.m. will check later as seems to croak later in day
Fed_Up
join:2015-01-02
Allston, MA

Fed_Up to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Interesting, then how do you explain this post on your support forums that was deleted almost imediately?
quote:
Hello everyone! Currently we have a known issue with our email servers being in a degraded state. Some customers will experience some latency when logging into webmail and some might have problems with 3rd party email clients (such as Outlook, Windows Mail, MacMail, etc.) logging in at all. Our Network Operations is working on this problem now and we are making some extensive upgrades on your servers now that will be completed in late January/early February. We are aware of the problem and we do not need any further examples at this time. Once this upgrade is complete, we will let everyone know by posting in this thread here.

Thanks!

Chris
Fed_Up

Fed_Up to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
I have had email problems dating back to November 2014. if this level of incompetence actually exists in Mediacom's IT department, the whole IT department should be fired, period. It is becoming more and more clear that this is an intentional business decision by Mediacom. They are either intentionally forcing customers to leave their network, or they have already had so many defections that they can no longer properly maintain equipment or pay bills. This post was posted last month on their support forums, but removed shortly there after.
quote:
Hello everyone! Currently we have a known issue with our email servers being in a degraded state. Some customers will experience some latency when logging into webmail and some might have problems with 3rd party email clients (such as Outlook, Windows Mail, MacMail, etc.) logging in at all. Our Network Operations is working on this problem now and we are making some extensive upgrades on your servers now that will be completed in late January/early February. We are aware of the problem and we do not need any further examples at this time. Once this upgrade is complete, we will let everyone know by posting in this thread here.

Thanks!

Chris
We are not stupid, we know when we are being lied to and handed canned responses.
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to tsduke

Premium Member

to tsduke
said by tsduke:

Our local news contacted Mediacom. See link below.

Now maybe the spokesperson simplified the explanation, but my question is, why does a company the size of Mediacom have to build a backup. Shouldn't they have backups already in place? Does Mediacom seriously have no HA in place?

»www.kwwl.com/story/27750 ··· -repairs

Amazing anyone running a mail server in the 21st century that does not have an operational backup server in place. Even my old Dept at the U of Iowa had a full raid server which also ran a complete backup of all drives to an off site storage on campus, and the Dept operated without any State appropriated funding. (The Dept is self supporting.)

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
I don't get it, with something as important as emails you'd think that they're would be already a backup/redundancy system already in place. Then to add salt to the wound to the nearly two weeks of issues it'll take yet another 4-5 days? Thankfully I've migrated most of our important email off of Mediacom.
Riverpilot
join:2006-12-11

Riverpilot

Ya... this doesn't surprise me. We're still going 6+ months with speeds dropping after 4:00 here in the Quad Cities, without any help.

I switched my important e-mails to another service years ago. Fool me once and all that.

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

Stage3GT

said by Riverpilot:

I switched my important e-mails to another service years ago. Fool me once and all that.

Yes, when Mediacom first opened here their mail system was so bad I also switched to different mail servers. But I am paying for a service that isn't being fulfilled on their end. This is why I suggested a 10$ credit. Just a suggestion It's called good faith

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately, as the email is a complimentary feature with our internet service, we are unable to process any adjustments to accounts for this issue. We are working diligently to restore this service and expect to have it back up mid to late next week.

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

Stage3GT

said by MediacomChad:

Unfortunately, as the email is a complimentary feature with our internet service, we are unable to process any adjustments to accounts for this issue.

Since when did it become complimentary. It's always been part of the service. Once more it shows how Mediacoms business model is set up to take in more money but not return due to part of service being out. Not trying to argue, just a summation that most users don't consider it a ''complimentary" feature to their accounts.

Harley
@173.20.60.x

Harley to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
My email is screwing up. When i try to fetch email on my ipad, i am met with the message that my password is incorrect. It is not. When I logged on at the webmail site it took several tries to log on, kept getting "internal error" message. When I did get on, all my email from the entire year appeared!!! I had to delete 4000 emails at 40 per deletion!!! It took quite a while!! Then I had to delete them from the trash, that took a while too!. Then I log on again this morning and they are all back! So had to delete them all again. Now sometimes I can log on and sometimes I get the "bad password" message! I have missed important emails, and I have 3 user accounts!!!! This is rediculous and no one has even attempted to let the consumer know that this is an issue!!! I had to search for awhile till I found other folks having the same issues because they did not know where to go. Customer service says there is no problem, must be my equipment! So a rep on here says they are working on the issue but customer service says no issue! Do you even know what each other is doing? What is going to be done and WHEN! I posted my email for replys, but I think that is rediculous to expect any replys or even suggestions of solutions! Everyone in the area is staring to go with AT&T and now I know why.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Harley, I understand your frustration with the email issues. We are aware of the issues with our email servers and we are working to resolve these issues now. We had to upgrade and repair some servers due to wear and tear. While replacing the servers, we had to migrate data from one server to another. That migration caused latencies for the email service, meaning some customers were unable to access the service at certain times. These email problems were not restricted to one area as customers in all of our service areas are being affected. At this time, the estimated time of repair is the middle to end of this week. If you have any other questions or service issues, let me know.

Harley
@173.20.60.x

Harley to Stage3GT

Anon

to Stage3GT
Email is a complimentary service? really? I selected MC years ago when I was advertised to that I could have internet and email along with my TV service. NOWHERE did the ad indicate that the email was a complimentary service or that problems with it would not amount to a denial of reasonable service. Get it right or lose another customer to AT&T!!
Harley

Harley to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
Thanks for the quick response MChad. Good luck with the repairs and thanks for listening to my frustrations.