spc
Search similar:

uniqs

landrover
join:2013-09-17
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

[DSL] Upgraded..Maybe

I was poking around online and noticed Frontier now shows we can get the 24 Mbps Ultimate Plan. I called to verify and they just changed the account to it. Install is Friday.

Now our RT was pathetically fed by 8 T1's. What are the chances Frontier actually ran Fiber to the RT?

She said for sure it would not show up if it was not being offered.
I'm cautiously excited.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by landrover:

I was poking around online and noticed Frontier now shows we can get the 24 Mbps Ultimate Plan. I called to verify and they just changed the account to it. Install is Friday.

Now our RT was pathetically fed by 8 T1's. What are the chances Frontier actually ran Fiber to the RT?

I'm cautiously excited.

What does it show on the internet + phone tab? I know that in CT the internet only tab is glitchy. It shows all available tiers(up to 45 Mbps) on it while the TP and DB tabs show the real speeds available.

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

said by Darknessfall:

said by landrover:

I'm cautiously excited.

What does it show on the internet + phone tab? I know that in CT the internet only tab is glitchy. It shows all available tiers(up to 45 Mbps) on it while the TP and DB tabs show the real speeds available.

It shows all the plan's all the way up to 24 Mbps.
Previously it would only show up to 6Mbps, and calling in would yield the same results.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Your review says(298 days ago) -
"We upgraded from the 3Mbps package to 12 Mbps, it was only about $10 increase per month. They said 24 Mbps was available, and we considered that but stuck with 12Mbps for now."

I'm confused, did you forget ?

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

said by Darknessfall:

Your review says(298 days ago) -
"We upgraded from the 3Mbps package to 12 Mbps, it was only about $10 increase per month. They said 24 Mbps was available, and we considered that but stuck with 12Mbps for now."

I'm confused, did you forget ?

No, Lived somewhere else then.
Since I've been in Shepherdstown we have only been able to get 3.7 Mbps.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Ohh, ok. I wonder if Frontier is trying to bring over CT market practices to other places. We have fiber to every piece of outside equipment.
cool88
join:2014-04-18

cool88 to landrover

to landrover
8 t1's thats bad. I hope they have upgrade the back haul where you can get the 24/3 with no problems at all.
but Darknessfall everything in my area is fed by fiber so we don't half to deal with really any back haul or congestion problems in my area. but frontier has been trying to do fiber everywhere for back haul when they decide to upgrade areas.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

I wonder if Frontier is trying to bring over CT market practices to other places.

I highly doubt if that is what is driving Frontier, if indeed they have made upgrades. There are many citizens highly active here and if anything I would say that has had an effect.
Hank

Hank to landrover

Premium Member

to landrover
Hope you actually get the update and it is not a marketing/sales mistake.

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

said by Hank:

Hope you actually get the update and it is not a marketing/sales mistake.

I hope so as well. A little cautious though.

Also it helps that the GM is up for re-election and this is his home county.....

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Agree, I am afraid to think how service will be if he looses!

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

If it is bonded, it requires 2 individual lines to the NID, correct?
Last time i tried getting another line installed they said they were having trouble finding extra plant to pull to the house. Said it would take about 2 weeks to figure where they could pull it from..

How does that work?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

1 edit

Hank

Premium Member

The cable that is running to the NID should have vacant pairs that they can use. It could be that they do not or did not have sufficient pairs in the main run or a port available from the remote. Your distance may be a bit to far to get the full 24.
Hank

Hank to landrover

Premium Member

to landrover
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover to Hank

to Hank
Merry Christmas to you as well. I'm thinking might be able to hit around 22 Mbps if the line is okay. Seems to be stable.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Not that I am aware of. Your installation must be a fairly old one.

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

Still waiting on Frontier..... They said between 8 and 12.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Not surprised, last scheduled visit was a day late.

landrover
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

Surprise surprise. After hours of waiting and being told the tech would call, I finally called and there's a note that says this DSLAM is not capable of those speeds.

Knew it was too good to be true of Frontier to actually upgrade the DSLAM to fiber.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Oh, Frontier has an excellent notification system. It has been reported that it worked once. I would now complain to the individual I mentioned to you.