uniqs
SanAntonioTx
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
Miami

SanAntonioTx

Premium Member

[Internet] TWC 1Gbps Coming soon to Los Angeles California

So they were fixing a problem in our neighborhood saw them working on the underground wiring and talked to them......asked them if they heard about the TWC 1Gbps Coming to LA anytime soon......the engineer told me they are already laying out new fiber....and preparing for a gig connection i asked if the connections are going to be symmetrical ? thats a big YES 1gbps/1gbps FTTH.......get ready folks......LA is going to be bumped up to 1gbps by end of 2015

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by SanAntonioTx:

So they were fixing a problem in our neighborhood saw them working on the underground wiring and talked to them......asked them if they heard about the TWC 1Gbps Coming to LA anytime soon......the engineer told me they are already laying out new fiber....and preparing for a gig connection i asked if the connections are going to be symmetrical ? thats a big YES 1gbps/1gbps FTTH.......get ready folks......LA is going to be bumped up to 1gbps by end of 2015

And how much will that be? :P
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to SanAntonioTx

to SanAntonioTx
how soon can i order that speed here cuz i need it urgently also i hope its 70 bux a month cuz thats all im willing to pay

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to SanAntonioTx

Premium Member

to SanAntonioTx
How much will that be I will be paying for that speed. Is it FTTH because back in July TWC said it's going to be Docsis 3.1.

»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· angeles/
OpTiC

OpTiC to 91862239

Premium Member

to 91862239
said by 91862239:

how soon can i order that speed here cuz i need it urgently also i hope its 70 bux a month cuz thats all im willing to pay

That is only LA. Not your market.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to SanAntonioTx

Premium Member

to SanAntonioTx
said by SanAntonioTx:

I doubt they are going FTTH for current cable network setups. It's very likely the guy just didn't know what he was talking about, the wiring guys usually aren't supplied with those kinds of details 2 years in advance.

They need DOCSIS 3.1 for 1 Gbps in such short notice (remember how many YEARS it took for Google fiber to even wire up 1 neighborhood in Kansas City?), and its certification has not yet been ratified. I'm not saying it isn't coming, but 2016 seems like a more reasonable estimate for that. The fiber cables are much more likely to connect nodes, or to supply business areas, where they ALREADY are doing fiber to the building.
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to OpTiC

to OpTiC
im already lookin for apartments in la

cousintim
join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX

cousintim to SanAntonioTx

to SanAntonioTx
said by SanAntonioTx:

LA is going to be bumped up to 1gbps by end of 2015

I'll bet against that happening in the amount of your choosing.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to 91862239

to 91862239
said by 91862239:

im already lookin for apartments in la

Why not move to somewhere that already has gigabit...
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

where list some locations ok

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by 91862239:

where list some locations ok

There are many: Kansas City, Austin, Provo, Brentwood, Sebastopol, Healdsburg, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Berkeley, Chattanooga, Wilson (NC), Rochester, Canby, Salt Lake City, Bristol (VA), Burlington (VT), Lafayette (LA), North Springfield (VT), etc. It's really not hard to research this on your own.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
1gbps/down and 5mbps/up

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

It won't be 5mbps up for sure because their top tier plan is 20mbps up and the 1 GBPS is a higher plan I say if they do FTTH it will be the same as Cox. 1GPBS down and 200 MBPS up

Elyria
join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

Elyria to SanAntonioTx

to SanAntonioTx
And of course, you'll be making one of "your" infamous video expose's ?

System

to SanAntonioTx

Anon

to SanAntonioTx
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course