uniqs
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Help with Verizon Smart Rewards

Hey guys, I know this is the wrong forum for this but I need a bit of help ..... I have an older relative in the US who has about 18,000 Verizon Smart Rewards points. Can anyone here give me a rough idea how much value 18,000 points actually represents - ie. is it $18, or $1,800 or something more (ha ha)?

If he wants redeem the points how long does it take to get a gift card redemption for the points processed and sent out to him?

Is there anything else he'd need to know about this? He never got a username/pwd on the Verizon Rewards portal.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Are you talking about smart rewards for wireless service or My Rewards+ for Fios?
I don't know about smart rewards for wireless service, but for my rewards+ for Fios the way to think of it is basically it's $25 per 2500 points or $50 for 5,000.
You just choose which rewards card you want as there are several, choose the pre set value you want with them, add it to the cart then submit any.
2-3 weeks to receive them is the time table they give to receive them, but a relative of mine received there's in a about a week and a half. I just used up $75 worth of points myself last week. $50 for a prepaid Visa and $25 on amazon.
Amazon can be instantly redeemed as an e gift card so there's no wait for that one, but any physical cards expect a 2-3 week time frame.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Verizon Wireless is what I forgot to specify.

Thanks for your response.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Myzteziz

Premium Member

to Myzteziz
said by Myzteziz:

I don't know about smart rewards for wireless service, but for my rewards+ for Fios the way to think of it is basically it's $25 per 2500 points or $50 for 5,000.

Apparently, I have 36,000 points. But I looked into redeeming them and it looked like I had to give up every shred of privacy and that everything I do goes to the marketers by signing up.

AVITWeb
join:2002-01-11
Williamstown, NJ

AVITWeb to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
Basically you get discounts on items, sweepstakes entries, auctions, etc, etc, etc. I do not believe there is any monetary value (other than the discounts) to it.