spc
Search similar:

uniqs

LarrySinNYC
join:1999-08-26
New York, NY

LarrySinNYC

[iO] Still no CNN Headline News in HD

In my NYC office, we just put in Time Warner Cable. Am I correct in noting that my Optimum TV service at home doesn't include CNN Headline News in HD?
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281

Yes, in addition to Fox Sports 2 HD, Hallmark HD, Fox Deportes HD, ESPN Deportes HD, CSPAN HD, CSPAN2 HD, CSPAN3 HD, Showtime Beyond HD, Showtime Next HD, Showtime Family Zone HD, Showtime Women HD, Starz Cinema HD, Starz in Black HD, Encore Action HD, Encore Suspense HD, Encore Western HD, Encore Classic HD, Encore Black HD, Encore (west) HD, Game Show Network HD, Gol TV HD, Mav TV HD, FNTSY HD, HSN HD, BBC World News HD, and probably a few more.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno

Anon

It's been eating at me a while that Cablevision does not offer many of the premium services in HD. This day and age, almost everyone has an HD set and it boggles my mind how slow the rollout of HD has been. Is it any wonder why people are dropping the video content and getting the content elsewhere? Who wants black bars?

Boooost
@151.190.254.x

Boooost to jpr281

Anon

to jpr281
Sundance and FXM are only in SD.
Unwinder
join:2002-01-24
Patchogue, NY

Unwinder to jpr281

to jpr281
All listed above are useless channels, Optimum should drop them all and lower rates.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno to Boooost

Anon

to Boooost
Doesn't Cablevision own a stake in the Sundance Channel? Why it's on SD is beyond me. I get the feeling whoever is programming Cablevision is not a movie buff. Numerous movie channels are broadcast in SD which is a shame.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to LarrySinNYC

Premium Member

to LarrySinNYC
[CNN Headline News] whether or not available in HD, isn't even really news anymore.

Most of their schedule is Nancy Grace, Dr Drew, crime re-creations, and similar drek.

The name isn't even "Headline News" anymore, rather "HLN", that's quite on purpose and was done several years ago.

-----

I am a big, big news person. I used to read 3-4 newspapers a day.

But HLN is such crap that CV/Optimum would be well advised to just drop it in favor of something else.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno

Anon

I agree about headline News. It's deteriorated so badly I don't bother with it anymore. I Think we are blessed that Cablevision carries both Euronews and BBC World, because these news outlets offer a perspective that can't be found on FOX or CNN.

Boooost
@65.93.121.x

Boooost

Anon

*cough* Al Jazeera *cough*