Search similar:

uniqs

MP from NY
@207.45.240.x

MP from NY

Anon

[Networking] 3 router solution follow up

Hi,

I've been running a 3 router solution (option 8) from the following post for 3 years now. I wanted to follow up on this topic with you guys and see if the pros still outweigh the cons.

As I see it:

Ethernet > coax. thus avoiding the Actiontec v2 and below was a pro.

Would using the new Actiontec or quantum routers be better than the 3 router solution?

One major con i've just encountered was when trying to bring internet to a room that only had coax. I used a moca bridge in that room but as the coax is connected to the actiontec router, the computer in that room is not on the same network as the rest of the house.

Can someone tell me if it's possble for that computer to see my main router and not the actiontec or the secondary helper router?

Is it even worth keeping 3 routers still??
MP from NY

MP from NY

Anon

sory i meant o include the post from my router config

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

and this is the actual schema

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I use my own router as primary and keep remote DVR

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to MP from NY

MVM

to MP from NY
said by MP from NY :

Can someone tell me if it's possble for that computer to see my main router and not the actiontec or the secondary helper router?

Only way arond that is to use a second MOCA bridge and put the two MOCA bridges on a different MOCA channel.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I have more than 7 MoCA 1.0 devices?
said by MP from NY :

That's a decision you will have to make. We don't know your situation nor what is important to you.
said by MP from NY :

Would using the new Actiontec or quantum routers be better than the 3 router solution?

That depends on what you're trying to solve (which you don't state).

MO from NY
@207.45.240.x

MO from NY

Anon

Sorry I should have been more specific. I didn't want to have the fios router be the DHCP for my home network. The only solution i found at the time was the 3 router one

MP from NY
@207.45.240.x

MP from NY to More Fiber

Anon

to More Fiber
said by More Fiber:

said by MP from NY :

Only way arond that is to use a second MOCA bridge and put the two MOCA bridges on a different MOCA channel.
said by MP from NY :

That's a decision you will have to make. We don't know your situation nor what is important to you.
said by MP from NY :

said by More Fiber:

said by MP from NY :

said by MP from NY :

said by MP from NY :

As a follow up: would it work to plug my PC into a moca bridge, then on the other end use a second moca bridge and plug the ethernet cable into my primary router?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by MP from NY :

would it work to plug my PC into a moca bridge, then on the other end use a second moca bridge and plug the ethernet cable into my primary router?

Yes. That is exactly what i was suggesting. Per the FAQ link I supplied you will want those two MOCA bridges on a channel other than D1.