spc
Search similar:

uniqs

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

cleaning ATF from carpet

Some Dexron III/Mercon get spilled in my trunk, and I wonder what's the best way to get it out of the carpet. The carpet in question is easily removable.

TIA

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

Go get yourself a can of spray brake cleaner. Brands such as BrakeKleen, Gumout, whatever, they are basically dry-cleaning fluids, in reality. It will work wonders on the stain, just spray it on and blot it out with a clean terrycloth towel until it is gone.

Can you tell I've had to do that before???

ttiiggy
Premium Member
join:2001-03-27
Bozeman, MT

ttiiggy to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
Can you take the carpet out and pressure wash it at carwash?

TheHarvester
Premium Member
join:2006-08-25
Dana Point, CA

TheHarvester to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
Simple green and a wet dry vac.

If you try brake cleaner, try it in an inconspicuous place first. It will damage some plastics and paints so it's possible it could affect the carpet. Also keep in mind brake cleaner is very flammable.

Grumpy4
Premium Member
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Grumpy4 to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
Apply some Shout or similar stain remover. Dawn dish soap is good too due to the alcohol content. Let sit for a day or so. Remove carpet and spray at self serve car wash while hanging from floor mat holders.
Dry in sun for a few days. Dry in full vertical position if possible by hanging over a deck or porch railing.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite to aurgathor

to aurgathor
lint free rags and A clothing Iron....(that you never want to use on clothing again.)

put rag on top of carpet where stain is, apply iron...move quickly.

It will wick it right out.