I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

2 recommendations

Jackorama

Premium Member

Depression, Christmas and giving.

This season my depression got bad and had to go with an increase in medication. It's helping, but something else helped too.

We don't do Christmas presents anymore except for the dog, no children around. We decided a long time ago that we would celebrate Christmas Day with just having fun with all the family together. Everyone brings something for the Christmas dinner.

My mother got me to go out with her for a day (Sat.) at the Cat Centre here in Kingston to get us into the Christmas spirit. The Cat Centre was going to be open to 9pm and Target was open to 11pm being the last weekend before Christmas. So, we made a good afternoon and evening of it (by the way Target was dead) and had our dinner at Jimmy the Greek (in the food court).

The Cat Centre had a couple of places in it that were festively decorated, many were just decorated with clear lights and garland and not overly festive. So, my mood started to get down and then I heard it. The Salvation Army Band playing Silent Night. I, being in need myself, took some money out of my wallet and told my mother that I was putting in enough for two donations. She wanted to pay me back and I said no. When I put that money in the kettle it brought a tear to my eye and happiness to my heart. When I got back to my mother I told her that I felt happy and that I now feel the Christmas spirit.

Now I better get to bed as I have some Christmas baking to do. Pecan butter tarts and Christmas short bread cookies with icing.

Merry Christmas.......Everyone.

huh_wha
@108.168.105.x

huh_wha

Anon

Nicely done. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron to Jackorama

Premium Member

to Jackorama
WOW. Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the awesome amazing people out there!
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to Jackorama

to Jackorama
Merry Christams!!

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to Jackorama

to Jackorama
Merry Christmas Jack. My father went into emergency tonight, I'm really stressed but trying to keep it ok. He'll be alright, but this is the second time a stroke has knocked him in the last 3 years.

At 40, it's making me more & more thankful for the littler things in life. And how much I love my father.

yoyomhz
join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA

yoyomhz to Jackorama

to Jackorama
We knew a rich old millionaire lady, and one time someone told her she could give some money to the poor. She said "I'm not into that." And she was never depressed.

I'm also not much interested in giving anything to any charity. It's because I already give more than my share by producing apples, and selling them at 1980s prices. Think of all the hundreds of thousands of people that got good healthy organic apples over the years, at low prices, thanks to me.