spc
Search similar:

uniqs
embeddedbill
join:2014-12-23
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill

D-Link DSL-520B - DSL Link is down

I have tried pretty much everything I can search or think of, but I am hitting a wall on making this modem work! Bridge Mode, LLC and 0/33 - the DSL link remains down.

I have the modem from telus, V1000H powers up and works no problem except I can't get around the bridge mode which screws up my sip ATA!

Any suggestions?

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

1 edit

humanfilth

Internet 1 , 6 , 15 is Adsl. Internet 15 can be also Vdsl

Internet 25 , 50 ,100(bonded copper) is Vdsl.

New Actiontec is the T1200H. T2200H for bonded . Port1 bridge mode available.

Fibre? No need for the Telus Gateway, unless you have Optik TV and can't work out Multicast.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to embeddedbill

Premium Member

to embeddedbill
Yeah, sounds like you are trying to use an ADSL modem when you have VDSL service.
embeddedbill
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill

Thanks a bunch, I returned the d-link modem, any suggestions for simple (modem only preferred) VDSL hardware? I suppose the T1200H could be a viable option for port 1 bridging, I am suspicious wary of Telus hardware, seems very limiting.

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth

said by embeddedbill:

any suggestions

Vdsl 'modem only' is hard to find.
Definitely will work, Zyxel VSG1432 . Configure Vdsl, bridge, PTM mode. Turn off wireless and whatever else. Getting on in age already.
Teksavvy bridge instructions. »help.teksavvy.com/hc/en- ··· up-VDSL- To access the gateway after bridging it, you have to set a static IP on your computer in the same range as the bridged gateway.

SmartRG? Give it a try and report back. The independents have various firmware files for specific connection settings.
You could ask on the Teksavvy board here »TekSavvy for Vdsl modem options from West Canada users on Telus lines. Teksavvy users operate with PPPoE, and Telus users are authorized by the Telus service(no PPPoE).
couttsj
join:2010-07-29
Vernon, BC

1 edit

couttsj to embeddedbill

to embeddedbill
said by embeddedbill:

Thanks a bunch, I returned the d-link modem, any suggestions for simple (modem only preferred) VDSL hardware? I suppose the T1200H could be a viable option for port 1 bridging, I am suspicious wary of Telus hardware, seems very limiting.

Like yourself, I had to have full access to my router and wanted nothing to do with double NAT. After countless calls from Telus India, I finally agreed to upgrade because they guaranteed that I could use my own router. The T1200 was bridged on port 1 and my router acquired a separate IP address from the Telus DHCP server. I don't trust Wifi, so I switched my WiFi to the Telus router. For lack of a simple VDSL modem, I now have one dumbed down Telus Modem/Router/WiFi/Switch, one dumbed down Router/WiFi/Switch acting as a WiFi hot spot, and one dumbed down Router/WiFi/Switch actually doing the routing. For my main network, I use a 10/100 hub rather than a switch, so I can monitor network traffic.
Expand your moderator at work

JSE
JSEyo
join:2014-05-16
Nova Scotia
·Bell Aliant Fibr..

JSE to couttsj

to couttsj

Re: D-Link DSL-520B - DSL Link is down

I'm getting a DSL-520B mainly for telnet access because I want to do some tweaks that I can't do on the Aliant modem.

As for the double NAT that's almost a non-issue even for the current modem I have. I just DMZ my router, no screwing around with bridge, which the Aliant modem current doesn't support anyway. Then I can still port forward. Yeah sure, it adds an extra hop, but I'm not that picky.
Expand your moderator at work
embeddedbill
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill to couttsj

to couttsj

Re: D-Link DSL-520B - DSL Link is down

I'm guessing that I will eventually end somewhere in the same place as where your at. I'm new to the DSL world so finding the best fit is my challenge. I make extended use of a custom layer 2 vpn that extends my network wherever I am, double NAT kill that.
embeddedbill

embeddedbill

So I made an error, no surprise given my dsl knowledge, I am learning though . The model that was supposedly left by the tech was a V1000H (that was what the tech wrote on his card). However when looking at the label, it is actually the ZyXel1432 with firmware version V1.10(VFA.0)b8

I have done some digging at it appears that bridge mode is available if you have the login credentials but I don't, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have tried
"root" "Thr33scr33n!
and "tech" "t3lu5tv"

but neither login works.

kevinds has some V1000H's for sale in my area, so far I am unable to PM to get contact details. I guess I h ave to be a premium user first!

Advice is welcome!

Cheers,
Sean

humanfilth
river styx

1 edit

humanfilth

said by embeddedbill:

but neither login works.

Quick before the mods delete more posts on behalf of Telus!
Google: darknet root bridge
Instructions are for the Actiontecs, but try anyways and learn, unless the Zyxel came unused out of a box, firmware may be past old password root.

If your firmware updated to the newest irreversible version, which happens while plugged into the phone line, you're out of luck.

Some have found factory firmware VSG1432(non-Telus) on Craigslist and Kijiji, from former Teksavvy users.

PM system has small tweaks(post/time limit) to ensure that bots don't sign up and spam users before the Mods can intercept.
embeddedbill
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill

Thanks all for the help, I fear my unit has the firmware version that will leave me stuck. If I don't get this bridging solved, I will have to abandon telus for teksavvy (cable). I won't switch to teksavvy though until after my Shaw service is disconnected, it appears that I get an extra $79 fee to have my cable service moved from Shaw. My brother-in-law didn't pay this when he moved from telus! Funny that, but I'm willing to save the $79!

Countdown until the 26th of January when shaw disconnects me! Also counting down until the mods stop preventing me from sending PMs !

Cheers,
Sean

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth

said by embeddedbill:

If I don't get this bridging solved, I will have to abandon telus

Call into Telus and request the Actiontec T1200H. With port1 bridge mode available. Probably be sent in the mail(Canada Post) or a tech may drop it off if you request nicely.
embeddedbill
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill

Thanks again... its been a good education.

I did contact the installer for a T1200H, he didn't have any at that time and said probably mid month.

I think I will go ahead and try to acquire a V1000H, if possible with older, and maybe non telus firmware and have that available just to keep my options open.

Cheers,
Sean
embeddedbill

embeddedbill

Thanks kevinds...

I now have the actiontec v1000h with actiontec firmware in bridge mode. All is alive once again!

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

You are welcome
embeddedbill
Calgary, AB

embeddedbill

The T1200H arrived today, bridge mode on port 1. So now everything seems working well with Telus hardware and firmware. I will keep the other modem in reserve for when Telus decides to change their firmware and disable bridging!