TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc to InvalidError

Premium Member

to InvalidError

Re: [Cable] Will there be any pricing adjustments with the release of 32x8?

What I think we all need more than anything else, is to be saying the same thing. What's that going to be? I've been saying for the past two essential services hearings, spanning something like 5-6 years, that we need both disaggregated and aggregated. That hasn't happened...
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

you seem to have the solution... What is it?

The same thing I have been saying for years: regulations that make sense and actually get enforced instead of made into laughing stock all the time.

Most of the stuff you are asking for would not be necessary if regulations did not have so many loopholes and regulators actually had a will along with the means to do something about it.

The two biggest issues are the abysmally slow and weak regulatory process, and the uncooperative incumbents. Fix those two issues and nearly all of the others would go away.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Lets say I agree with you that it wouldn't be necessary - Those problems you're talking about, that's the symptom, not the cause. You have to ask yourself why that's the case?

They don't see aggregated as real competition... They see it more like, if they do too much of this stuff, it can actually affect what is real in their mind.. Investments by incumbents. Enough to curb the worse behaviour by the incumbents but at the same time make sure that they largely get what they want.

Your solution is what we have now. That's what you get when we have all our eggs in the aggregated basket.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie to v6movement

to v6movement
said by v6movement :

Anyone that was foolish enough to believe Rogers would honor such a plan deserves to be screwed over.

Ya but it's sad many people left independents to get a better deal.
mikeylbl
join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON

mikeylbl to FatalX

to FatalX
Any updates on when Teksavvy will roll out new pricing/speed plans?

Any rough estimate on timing?

Similar speeds to Rogers (150/10 | /250/20) or higher?

Cheers

v6movement
@135.23.225.x

v6movement to bjlockie

Anon

to bjlockie
said by bjlockie:

Tip toeing the line is not a better deal. It just proves how they're fools.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to mikeylbl

Premium Member

to mikeylbl
said by mikeylbl:

Any updates on when Teksavvy will roll out new pricing/speed plans?

Any rough estimate on timing?

Similar speeds to Rogers (150/10 | /250/20) or higher?

Cheers

Read this thread it pretty much explains the position.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to bjlockie

Premium Member

to bjlockie
said by bjlockie:

said by v6movement :

Anyone that was foolish enough to believe Rogers would honor such a plan deserves to be screwed over.

Seems to me there are two parts to that story.. the offers they have on their web site, and the offers that are not on their website.

For the ones on their website, its the higher speeds when usage is a big factor where we cant compete, despite the glaring fact that they offer unlimited for little more and at those higher speeds. In other words, our CBB costs are clearly way off if they can afford to do that.

For the ones that are not on their website... I guess that's what Teddy referred to above.
TSI Marc

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to InvalidError

Premium Member

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

said by TSI Marc:

you seem to have the solution... What is it?

The same thing I have been saying for years: regulations that make sense and actually get enforced instead of made into laughing stock all the time.

Most of the stuff you are asking for would not be necessary if regulations did not have so many loopholes and regulators actually had a will along with the means to do something about it.

The two biggest issues are the abysmally slow and weak regulatory process, and the uncooperative incumbents. Fix those two issues and nearly all of the others would go away.

I just cant get that (in bold above) out of my head man. hehe

Those are like.. big massive problems.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

our CBB costs are clearly way off if they can afford to do that.

You can suspect it but cannot say that for sure without knowing the usage patterns of Bell's unlimited subscribers and the proportion of subs paying $10 vs $30 for it, just like how TSI's unlimited pricing depends heavily on the assumption that most people subscribed to unlimited will never use their access anywhere near that intensively - before the $10 hike on TSI unlimited five or six years ago, most unlimited subscribers only signed up for it for peace of mind since it was otherwise the same price as 200/300GB cap.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

six years ago? hehe
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to InvalidError

Premium Member

to InvalidError
its not the same man..

anyway all good. I should probably start a new thread with some of these topics.
Essjayess
join:2002-04-14
York, ON

Essjayess

Any update on the 32x8 modems?