All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AngryDallas
join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

Error Unknown Network Error disconnects in Dallas.

I am downloading 5 files simultaneously from 5 different file hosts.

Now the downloads are all stopping at the same time in mid download showing the download speed dropping to 0 kB/sec and then disconnecting saying error unknown network error.

The file hosts are uploadrocket, kingfiles, hugefiles, 180upload, uploadable.

I have done this before just an hour ago downloading 5 other different files from those same 5 file hosts simultaneously without any issue.

I also don't have anything else downloading or uploading while I am trying to get these 5 files.

They are not the same company so I think the issue is with AT&T.

rtfm
join:2005-07-09
Washington, DC

rtfm

Can you do other things on-line such as browse to say CNN?
AngryDallas
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

I can surf the internet fine while the downloads are going but not sure why the downloads are all simultaneously cutting themselves off.

rtfm
join:2005-07-09
Washington, DC

rtfm

Can you continue to surf while cut off?

The usual reason is somewhere the system drops off, just long enough to terminate the downloads. Alas, the usual protocols used for downloading don't recover when connectivity resumes.
AngryDallas
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

Yes. I was surfing the internet and when I looked over at the download status on Chrome, it showed all files have cut off but I didn't notice any hiccups while opening webpages.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX

rolande to AngryDallas

MVM,

to AngryDallas
Are you using FTP or HTTP or RSYNC or what protocol is it?
AngryDallas
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

That I don't know.

How can I tell?

Are you talking about my browser?

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Okay, so the assumption is that you are using your browser to download these files simultaneously? Do the file download URLs begin » or »ftp://

If they are http URLs, are you able to simultaneously keep browsing to other sites and content in the same browser, when those downloads fail? If they are ftp URLs, have you timed how many seconds in to the download when they fail?

Are you using IP Passthrough or DMZ+ mode on your RG with your own router behind the RG?