uniqs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Any catch Craig Ferguson's Last Late show?

I thought it pretty good.
From the opening song "Keep Banging On". Craig is actually singing when the video cuts to the studio. Bummer Peter Capaldi, didn't pop in to send his former band mate off.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· e__dQe8Y

And the ending was great:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 5CC30qrI

He may have hinted that he has something else in the works, besides Celebrity Name Game. But was unable to talk about it.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Yes, I did.

Ironically it was the FIRST one that I had ever seen, too!

I did like the ending.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

said by PX Eliezer1:

Ironically it was the FIRST one that I had ever seen, too!

I never watched the show. Popped up the finale fearing it was a ripoff of the Newhart Show ending. Kinda right but I like what they did. Couple of surprises in there.
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

they ripped off the doctor who xmas ending

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Speaking of final shows, I thought the Colbert Report was great. I'd love to see the logistics of getting that many famous people on his show all at once.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to 91862239

MVM

to 91862239
I didn't watch the show, but isn't the don't stop belevin' song and where it cut out to black exactly what happened on the Sopranos?

Edit: Just looked it up:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 7nYbCSvM

anonomeX
@71.207.157.x

anonomeX to 91862239

Anon

to 91862239
Of course, one could also say that the whole "it was all just a dream" ploy was a "ripoff" of Shakespeare. (That's how new it is [not].)

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 edit

Rook008 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Probably the best late night show since Carson or early Letterman. It's hard to believe he's been on the air for almost 10 years.

Is it just me or does Craig look cool as hell standing on his desk singing while the rest of the stage goes crazy?

I hope he gets back on the air soon.

And I think they "ripped off" the ending to a few shows.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

The ending was a nod to some of the shows he enjoyed, or so it's my understanding. Not intended as a rip off.

I agree it was kool seeing up on his desk singing.

He dropped hints a few times that he is working on something. But he can't say anything because that is the nature of the business.

He is a producer/host of Celebrity Name Game. It has strong ratings and is in syndication. It's a half hour game show. Granted it's not the Craig of the Late, Late show. But it's something.

I read somewhere that towards the end of this year or the start of next year He, Geoff, the horse, and Michael maybe back in the daytime/afternoon as a talk show host. Ya he had that gig already, but this time it'll be done the way he wants it, with guests he wants. But we'll see.