All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned) to matcarl

to matcarl

Re: [Channels] January and February Channel Changes 2015?

Maybe they don't do it so that people don't realize how many HD channels they've been missing all these years.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

Maybe they don't do it so that people don't have more opportunities to complain about adding some junk channel no one cares about instead of the ones people actually want. Not that it stops any of us, but more for the general non-forum-going public.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Rick4769

to Rick4769
New channel adds are often mentioned in your monthly bill towards the end. But most people probably don't review the paper/PDF version of their bill. I'm old school so I still look at that stuff.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
Fortunately Tivo still pops up and says if a new channel was added or removed.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

We received ION on channel 10 and channel 510 in HD yesterday in VOH15. This was the first time in our area that this channel was added.

charliewatts
join:2013-04-10

charliewatts

That's a local addition. Here in the NYC area we've had ION on 31/531 for sometime now.
charliewatts

charliewatts to Rick4769

to Rick4769
So many of Esquire TVs programs are already shown in HD on other channels. And I am a viewer. So to watch them in SD is never going to happen!

ESQ HD should be added. Doesn't Verizon and Comcast/Universal/NBC have some sort of deal?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

matcarl

Premium Member

If the programs are already shown on other channels, then why do we even need Esquire period? I'm tired of these channels that do nothing but repeat other channel's programs. Why do you think Verizon dumped Cloo a few months ago?
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by matcarl:

If the programs are already shown on other channels, then why do we even need Esquire period? I'm tired of these channels that do nothing but repeat other channels programs. Why do you think Verizon dumped Cloo a few months ago?

Couldn't agree more. I like Burn Notice. I watch Burn Notice. But do we really need 20 channels showing reruns of Burn Notice? (Now having said that, since Esquire is out there, it'd be nice if it were in HD.)

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

TCM is now broadcast in 1080I. There is no reason why Fios shouldn't carry this channel. In addition, the El Rey Network in HD would also be welcome.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi ··· d_States

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by Rick4769:

TCM is now broadcast in 1080I. There is no reason why Fios shouldn't carry this channel. In addition, the El Rey Network in HD would also be welcome.

I'd love to have both, 100%. All in the contracts though...
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79 to Rick4769

to Rick4769
I can understand not announcing channels to come unless it is within the next week as things happen but once they are up, why no announcement?
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

2 edits

lee7n to Greg2600

to Greg2600
TCM still doesn't broadcast everything in 1080i. Movie on now on TCM SD is clearly not HD since it is 4:3 and not letterboxed on the top, just the sides. Lucha Underground is shown on UniMAS (in Spanish), I remember you (Rick4769) wanted Mexican wrestling from a previous post. I think closed captions on UNimas are in English. I believe I watched an episode of Metástasis on UniMas and the closed captions were in English. Anyway it seems like a pretty niche channel. Dark Angel, Miami Vice and X-Files seems to be the bulk of El Rey's programing. H2 and Sundance is all I want added. Yes bringing up H2 again. I want it!!! and I am not alone. Once those 2 are added I at least will be happy. Luckily Netflix had added some H2 programming so I am glad about that.
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by lee7n:

TCM still doesn't broadcast everything in 1080i. Movie on now on TCM SD is clearly not HD since it is 4:3 and not letterboxed on the top, just the sides. Lucha Underground is shown on UniMAS (in Spanish), I remember you (Rick4769) wanted Mexican wrestling from a previous post. I think closed captions on UNimas are in English. Anyway it seems like a pretty niche channel. Dark Angel, Miami Vice and X-Files seems to be the bulk of El Rey's programing. H2 and Sundance is all I want added. Yes bringing up H2 again. I want it!!! and I am not alone. Once those 2 are added I at least will be happy. Luckily Netflix had added some H2 programming so I am glad about that.

I have it in HD on DirecTV and they've shown many HD movies in the last couple months.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to lee7n

Premium Member

to lee7n
said by lee7n:

TCM still doesn't broadcast everything in 1080i.

The signal is still 1080i which is clearer than the SD feed even if all the movies aren't widescreen
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

1 edit

lee7n

With zero HD channels added in January it isn't looking good for any of our requests at least for now We had a really good end of year channel adding frenzy which seems to have ended. We are really low of HD space from what I understand now. West coast feeds need to go away now! Who here does not have a DVR, Tivo or on demand

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by lee7n:

West coast feeds need to go away now! Who here does not have a DVR, Tivo or on demand

HBO & Cinemax supply all their channels in a bundle and Verizon charges quite a bit for them. I don't think the people who pay for HBO separately would like to see half the channels go away and still have to pay the same amount.

dianac
Premium Member
join:2014-06-13
Demarest, NJ

dianac to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
The HD PQ is already suffering. They need to switch to MPEG4 - then there will be plenty of space (and we'll all get more hours from our DVRs).
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned) to matcarl

to matcarl
I would.

I couldn't care less about having the west coast versions of the premiums. It's a waste of space. Until Verizon gets endless capacity they are not needed.

That's what DVRs, On Demand, and the ENDLESS REPEATS of everything on the east coast feeds are for.

Why are HBO west coast feeds more valued than the west coast feeds of the various other networks? Viacom and Turner have west coast feeds for all their cable channels. Why not carry those?

There's more content aired on Viacom/Turner networks that is never/rarely repeated compared to HBO where everything is repeated.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Pay me for a DVR, and then I'll gladly accept your no West feed argument. I make use of them every Sunday night.

charliewatts

charliewatts

Between HBO, SHO and AMC, these 3 channels are currently showing at least 9 new shows on Sunday night that are worth a damn! Incredible.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

matcarl

Premium Member

That "are" or "aren't" worth a damn? What you wrote doesn't make sense with what Greg wrote, and AMC doesn't have a west coast feed that Verizon carries, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

charliewatts

charliewatts

They are all great. I wasn't an English major in college. lol
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

Between HBO, SHO and AMC, these 3 channels are currently showing at least 9 new shows on Sunday night that are worth a damn! Incredible.

You forgot PBS (Masterpiece Classic, Masterpiece Mystery) and CBS (Good Wife).
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Frontier carries FS2 and H2 in HD. Anyone want to bet on whether TX, CA, and FL get them before the remaining Verizon markets do?

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Hope Verizon looks at our lists for channels to be added in HD.

TCM-HD, El Rey-HD, H2-HD, FS2-HD, HLN-HD, Encore Suite-HD, UP-HD, Inspiration-HD, IndiPlex-HD, RetroPlex-HD for starters.

charliewatts

charliewatts

+ ESQUIRE HD, SUNDANCE HD, and BBC WORLD HD.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

They gotta make room first. Vacancy is tight kids.
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy

said by SeattleMatt:

They gotta make room first. Vacancy is tight kids.

I know 6 HD channels (though most what is shown on them is not in HD) they could get rid of that 99.9999% of FiOS subscribers would never miss!!!!!
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

And risk getting slapped with charges of racism?

»www.thewrap.com/att-dire ··· lawsuit/