All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
John Baldric
join:2014-12-26

John Baldric

Existing Home Network with new TIVO

I have been reading the posts and looking for someone who may have a similar requirement as myself. Like others, I had a HS Cogeco modem and used my own router (attached was a number of hard drives serving as NAS devices). My NAS devices all attached at a central location and I use WD TV boxes throughout the house (either wired or wireless) reading/playing content from the NAS devices.

Problem: No matter what I do, I cannot get my NAS devices to be recognised by the new modem/router that came with the TIVO installation. I have tried direct/wired connection to the router with no result. I have tried to bridge the Arris modem/router to my original (Netgear) router with no result. I have tried to set-up my original router as a switch and wire it to the Arris modem/router with no result.

I am able to get similar results as others with regards to changing the wireless AP device and/or maintain various TIVO services, but simply cannot figure out how to get my original devices on the same system.

Ideally, I would like to be able to one day integrate the entire thing system, but one thing at a time.

Can anyone offer some feedback and/or suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

JB
peterweb
join:2005-10-18
Smiths Falls, ON

peterweb

I replied to your other thread.

The suggestion there was to make sure you only have one router handling IP addresses through DHCP. Be sure DHCP is turned off on the other router.