ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

[Rant] Boxing Day insanity

GF wanted to to shopping today [nooooooooooo]

We get to the mall in Kelowna and there's a lineup on the freaking hwy just getting into the mall parking lot.

So I just cut across 2 lanes of traffic and found a spot in the liquor store lot across the street ,told her to walk over and I would meet her after I bought some wine.

Well 30 minutes later I finally get my booze and walk over and it took me another 20 minutes to find her...........she look frazzled,serves her right. lol

Now it's hockey day all day,with wine.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Was in and out of Walmart and Canadian Tire combined in less than 15 minutes. Just have to dodge around the old farts in the aisles and parking lot.

yoyomhz
join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA

2 recommendations

yoyomhz to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Here's what I suggest:

Instead of them training us to get up early, or deal with crowds and hard to find parking, just to be able to get a new huge tv at a good deal, I suggest we train them that we buy nothing from them all week. Nothing.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
My sister and I went to visit the new stores that recently opened in Lansdowne Park in Ottawa. Very civilized. Unfortunately, Sports Life hadn't received any ice skates yet, not that it would have made a difference since the Rideau Canal is all water.

HamLurker
@209.222.53.x

1 recommendation

HamLurker to yoyomhz

Anon

to yoyomhz
said by yoyomhz:

Here's what I suggest:

Instead of them training us to get up early, or deal with crowds and hard to find parking, just to be able to get a new huge tv at a good deal, I suggest we train them that we buy nothing from them all week. Nothing.

Girlfriends or stores?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
There was a traffic jam on the QEW blocking two out of three lanes with lines of cars waiting to exit the highway for the outlet mall. I'm glad I was not there.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to milnoc

to milnoc
I see Landsdowne shutting down again for good in 5 years. The stores are all very nice but i have been there few times for dinner and a little bit of shopping, and each and each time the entire complex is a ghost town. Only so many people will pay $12 to park to have the priveledge to purchase goods. I want the place to succeed but when other than the alure of it being new, you have the option of going to winners there or milestones and paying $12 to park or drive 10 mins further and parking for free?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

This "Landsdowne" is a suburban shopping mall where you have to pay $12 to park?!

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

I went downtown Montreal today, was a whole lot of NOPE.
Not only are the world juniors here, but there's like thousands of extra people out looking for something that's not really a "deal".

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

This "Landsdowne" is a suburban shopping mall where you have to pay $12 to park?!

Lansdowne Park is the football stadium where the Ottawa Redblacks football team currently plays. The site's parking lot also hosted the "Super Ex" end-of-summer fair and exhibition. After the Ex left, it was decided to develop the site into something new including the addition of stores, restaurants, movie theatres and condos. Parking on the site however is limited, and you have to pay for it. You can get it for free however if you buy enough stuff.

The project is a gamble, especially with the Billings Bridge shopping centre being literally 10 minutes South by car. However, Billings Bridge has never managed to become more than a community mall during its entire existence.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by milnoc:

said by PX Eliezer1:

Lansdowne Park is the football stadium where the Ottawa Redblacks football team currently plays....

Thanks for the info!

My mistake was confusing "Lansdowne Park" in Ottawa, with "Lansdowne Place" shopping mall in Peterborough.

The idea of paying so much to park in Peterborough is what seemed strange.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
I stayed home and made my one Boxing Day purchase via amazon.ca...

I like my sanity thanks (what little I actually have )

NefCanuck

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22 to Gone

to Gone
Wow. We went by there just before 10am and the mall was packed. Highway was clear though. We were just on our way to a family thing. Fairview mall was packed too.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

There was a traffic jam on the QEW blocking two out of three lanes with lines of cars waiting to exit the highway for the outlet mall.
I'm glad I was not there.

There was a traffic jam on the 401 near milton just for people to get off at Trafalgar. ..ridiculous....that outlet mall looks nice but definitely not worth it.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to GreenEnvy22

Premium Member

to GreenEnvy22
said by GreenEnvy22:

Wow. We went by there just before 10am and the mall was packed. Highway was clear though. We were just on our way to a family thing. Fairview mall was packed too.

Traffic was backed up into the 406 at the Pen as well but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the QEW at the outlet mall.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
I went to Target yesterday morning. No line ups, "door crashers" still in stock. Overall a very relaxed experience. Not even a line at the Starbucks.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Walmart was the same way. Brisk but not insane and everything was still in stock.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
My girlfriend and I went to a mall in Burlington at about 10 in the morning. It wasn't all that bad finding parking. Her sister wanted to go to Lululemon and we had to wait in line to get in, which I despise. I wanted to go to EB Games, but they had a line too, so I skipped it. My girlfriend went into Aritzia (sp?) and their sales consisted of $5 off hoodies, so we left.

Boxing day isn't what it used to be. Prices creep up before Christmas and some of the stores don't even pretend to offer deals anymore.