dev_null
Pithy tag line goes here.
join:2002-08-14
New England
ARRIS S33
Asus RT-AC66U B1

dev_null

[VOIPo.COM] Just me or Voipo down?

Ah, another holiday. Another outage with Voipo. Anyone else unable to place calls on Voipo?

This happened at Thanksgiving too, but I wasn't home to troubleshoot and by the time I got back it was working.

All other providers seem to be working (but no incoming calls either).

Pretty happy with the service overall, but not on holiday's apparently.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by dev_null:

Ah, another holiday. Another outage with Voipo. Anyone else unable to place calls on Voipo?

This happened at Thanksgiving too, but I wasn't home to troubleshoot and by the time I got back it was working.

All other providers seem to be working (but no incoming calls either).

Pretty happy with the service overall, but not on holiday's apparently.

We've been having some network issues today. »www.twitter.com/voipo

Things look mostly back to normal now but still a little bit of latency so there may be a few lingering issues as things stabilize.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

dev_null
New England
ARRIS S33
Asus RT-AC66U B1

1 recommendation

dev_null

Yeah, just got an email from tech support. Can I observe that there are people (yours truly) who would NEVER consider to look at twit for a status update? I checked your website and nada.

I would suggest that for the more logical amongst us you either post in both places or some place on your website, like VOIP.MS does.

Another observation: your support line doesn't have any kind of answering service, and the two times it actually answered, I got a voicemail greeting then was disconnected. You should probably have a system status and should at least answer each call. I was calling before 5PM PST, so theoretically you were still open.

Again, generally happy with the service, these are observations to help you with your professional image.

ebak
@66.31.24.x

ebak to dev_null

Anon

to dev_null
Same here. Dialtone but unable to make a call. Voipo website seems slow also and I couldn't get through to their help number (dialed from a cell phone). I have been with them for about 8 months and have been happy until today.

dev_null
New England
ARRIS S33
Asus RT-AC66U B1

dev_null

Send an email to support@voipo.com . Include your account number (phone number) in the subject line and it will be tracked in your "support queue" so you can see the status. They will email you with status too.

I appear to be working okay now. Good luck.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
I really hope this is fixed, I was just released from a major hospital with a bad diagnosis, and I need the phone to work, was hoping to extend my deal for cheap, as poverty has hit me hard. Please fix this.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by PCInTech:

I was just released from a major hospital

Glad to hear you are back at home, even if it is with a bad diagnosis.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

2 recommendations

Stewart to PCInTech

to PCInTech
said by PCInTech:

I was just released from a major hospital ...

If you have active cell service and decent coverage inside your home, that should be an adequate backup. Keep the charger on your nightstand and plug the phone in every night.

If you don't have an active mobile account, you may qualify for a free phone and service, see e.g. »www.assurancewireless.co ··· ome.aspx .

If your cell phone has poor coverage at home, you should plan in advance how you can make an emergency call, in case your VOIPo phone doesn't work. Even if Tim does a perfect job, you're still at the mercy of your ISP, power company, etc. For example, get a key to a neighbor's home (with POTS).

I hope that you can recover quickly.